Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Octane Red SXT
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's completely a personal choice but I'm open to suggestions.
I'm looking at doing the same custom stripes as the photo below but on an Octane Red Challenger. I'm actually leaning toward a dark copper but also considering yellow or silver. I know for sure I don't want white or black.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,588 Posts
That "Bumblebee" stripe's style looks better than the factory offerings. The front stripe looks too "Camaro-ish" for me. In other words, it's ugly as sin. As far as color, silver would look good with Octane Red.
Took the words right off my finger tips. Before I saw your post I thought "Camaro" BUT I do like it. Also with Octane, I instantly thought of Silver as well. Like my old Shelby Charger Turbo, great combination, classic modern Mopar look ;-) Also, notice even back then they had yellow bumper protectors! (I know both of mine did)

·
Registered
2018 R/T 6M
141 Posts
Might be good to post a picture of your car. We're all familiar with Octane Red, but the color/style of your wheels and/or brake calipers could influence feedback.

·
Registered
2020 Octane Red SXT
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Here's the factory photo. Same options.

I hadn't connected the Camaro look but I see what you mean now. Still love it.

·
Registered
2018 R/T 6M
141 Posts
Based on the photo, silver matching the wheels could look nice.

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
557 Posts
My wife was looking at Camaros a few years back and saw a burgundy SS with silver stripes that was super sharp (a Mini won out in the end - even over a Plum Crazy 392 Charger much to my disappointment). Those bumblebee nose stripes belong on a 1st gen Camaro thought...but it's your car and money so you can do as you want.

·
Premium Member
10,092 Posts
I’d say silver or gray/graphite. I think subtle is more rich looking, it’s your canvas so design it for you.

Reactions: Charles 236

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
3,749 Posts
I like the rear stripe. The front one, not at all. In my opinion gray or silver would look nice and go with the wheels and chrome fuel door. Ultimately your decision though.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
not a fan of either. Full vertical stripes makes this car look like a tuna fish. It's already borderline fat.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The front should match the rear - straight compared to body.
Or both could curve, the mismatch jumps at my eye.

·
Registered
2018 Yellow-Jacket Scat Pack
70 Posts
I like the silver or gray. As far as the stripes, I don't think they are ugly by no means, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So, like some version of the old saying, you can't please everyone you come across so just please yourself....Ok, ready for the jokes after that one lol. Anyway, what I mean is you will look at your car daily so if it makes you smile go for it. :)

·
Premium Member
4,425 Posts
A friend of mine, who recently passed, had silver accents on his Octane Red 100th Anniversary. It looked real good! That's not him in front of the car......in shorts.

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Registered
2018 R/T 6M
141 Posts
Those are some fancy doors... (it takes a few mins before you notice them)

·
Premium Member
10,092 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
I saw a Corvette Z06 in the red/yellow color combination. I liked it. Would leave the front alone but I think a yellow Bumblebee stripe on Octane Red would "pop". But I like color combinations that some people find "unusual".

car 5.jpg

Reactions: Charles 236
1 - 20 of 47 Posts