Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Octane Red SXT
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
A friend of mine, who recently passed, had silver accents on his Octane Red 100th Anniversary. It looked real good! That's not him in front of the car......in shorts.

View attachment 1021056
Ok, that's really hot and the car is nice also.
I am liking the silver. Stands out on the red. That's why I didn't like the black, it just fades into the red, and white is too much.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
449 Posts
My favorite stripe has always been the Bumblebee stripe. It’s classic and retro. I have it on my car. I’m also a fan of the Shakedown stripe

Reactions: Dave D

·
Registered
2020 Octane Red SXT
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm going to do the bee stripe but I like it wider than stock. It's just my preference. Right now I'm watching tons of how-to's and getting all the materials I need.

·
Registered
2020 Octane Red SXT
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Leaning toward a Metallic Silver/Graphite. I thought it would match the best with the pearl in the Octane Red. I've ordered some samples of a few colors so I can get a better idea of what they look like on the car.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
449 Posts
I'm going to do the bee stripe but I like it wider than stock. It's just my preference. Right now I'm watching tons of how-to's and getting all the materials I need.
I think adding the bee stripe to an SXT is considered upbadging. Considering it’s a stripe meant for scat packs. 🤔

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
I think adding the bee stripe to an SXT is considered upbadging. Considering it’s a stripe meant for scat packs. 🤔
Yes, on my window sticker it is called the "Scat Pack Bumblebee Stripe". It's specific to the model.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Challenger SXT, Octane Red Metallic, Ruby Red/Black Int.
142 Posts
My opinion, it's his car and he says he is making it wider than stock and a different colour therefore not upbadging. It's not like he is adding the bee emblems as well.

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
3,811 Posts
Adding Bee Stripes to a SXT has been discussed in other posts and from what I see everyone believes it is not upbadging. As long as there is no bee it is just a stripe. Can't see how putting on a strip of vinyl upbadges anything.I say add it,show us pics and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Adding Bee Stripes to a SXT has been discussed in other posts and from what I see everyone believes it is not upbadging. As long as there is no bee it is just a stripe. Can't see how putting on a strip of vinyl upbadges anything.I say add it,show us pics and enjoy.
Yeah, it's fun bantering it but in the end it's the person paying the bill who gets to do what they want (As long as it's within the law. Or you don't get caught. LOL!). If someone doesn't like it they should avert their gaze. Okay, I get the whole decorum thing. But just take a deep breath and move on.

Reactions: jmac65 and vpzyck

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,120 Posts
Stripes are not badges ;) I don't think stripes, hoods, wheels are upbadging. Only adding badges from a higher trim is considered upbadging

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
15,006 Posts
I prefer the classic hood stripe from the 1970 model. It really accentuates the twin hood scoops. That is similar to what I have on my 2009 SRT.

AerialView (3).jpg

·
Registered
74 Posts
I like both stripes and feel that if you like them, do it! That being said, I wouldnt put it on mine, but I would definitely give you props for putting it on yours. I am seriously considering the rear stripe for my scatpack, as it did not come with one. I was thinking smaller than the factory size though. Narrower.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
I like both stripes and feel that if you like them, do it! That being said, I wouldnt put it on mine, but I would definitely give you props for putting it on yours. I am seriously considering the rear stripe for my scatpack, as it did not come with one. I was thinking smaller than the factory size though. Narrower.
What color? :unsure:

21 - 40 of 47 Posts