Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

New Forum member here from the great Garden State...Exit 14A (insert joke here). Always been a Red Bow Tie guy. But something about the SRT8-392 IE really got to me. Long story even longer... Decided to sell my '95 Impala SS (difficult decision) & pull the trigger. Take delivery next week.
My '04 Z16 CE Vette will now have a big blue cousin (twice removed). The Z16 is a special edition to mark the last of the C5's....& the IE SRT8-392 marks the first of the 392's. So it's the beginning & the end for me.:)
Hope I made the right decision. Wish me luck!

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...302QQitemZ140513100546QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

·
Registered
198 Posts
I was always a bowtie guy also till I replaced my 96 impala with an 05 magnum. Then I had to upgrade to the magnum srt8, then of course the challenger srt8! Dodge is just making the cars I really want right now, looks and performance. I had always wished chevy would have made a nice replacement for the impala ss but ..no. I like the looks of the camaro BUT thats it. The challenger has the better retro looks and plenty of performance especially in the 392. You made the right call enjoy and post picts we you finally get it.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Welcome. 40 year exclusively GM owner here until the Challenger so you are not the only convert.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good luck form NNJ! Lots of switching brands with these challengers. The retro look and HP is tough to resist. Ford to mopar myself. Enjoy the ride...

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was always a bowtie guy also till I replaced my 96 impala with an 05 magnum. Then I had to upgrade to the magnum srt8, then of course the challenger srt8! Dodge is just making the cars I really want right now, looks and performance. I had always wished chevy would have made a nice replacement for the impala ss but ..no. I like the looks of the camaro BUT thats it. The challenger has the better retro looks and plenty of performance especially in the 392. You made the right call enjoy and post picts we you finally get it.
Thanks! Nice to hear from a fellow traitor:thumbsup:
Camaro is a bit cartoonish imho. Although I kinda like the 2012 ZL1 from what I've read!

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I would like to say welcome to the best Challenger Forum. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM any of the Admin/Moderators.

Also, please be sure to read General Forum Rules - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Thanks for joining our forum, please enjoy and we look forward to your participation. :bigthumb:

You made a good decision and the features on the car are well you'll see perma grin coming :)

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would like to say welcome to the best Challenger Forum. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM any of the Admin/Moderators.

Also, please be sure to read General Forum Rules - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Thanks for joining our forum, please enjoy and we look forward to your participation. :bigthumb:

You made a good decision and the features on the car are well you'll see perma grin coming :)
Thanks! Should be taking delivery this wk!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts