Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As I said...I have to finish the stripes...down to the bottom of front and read...
I will also plasticoat the wheels black this week...
Then an SRT front splitter...

Then drive the hell out of it for about a year before I sell it and get an SRT... :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Yeah I was looking at the pictures did see the last post. Why didn't you just get a SRT lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
384 Posts
nice man! looks better without that huge cover for sure, thing is looking good! what shifter did you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
318 Posts
Love it! They look great in silver. I drove a R/T Shaker in silver with the black over the roof shaker stripes. It looked awesome...but there is no replacement for displacement and I went SRT. I was torn between B5 and black and ended up with Jazz blue with the beautiful sepia interior.

Has anyone ever said "I love having a huge plastic Tupperware turd covering the whole top of the engine!"...ever? I didn't think so.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,602 Posts
Guess it depends what you do to it ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Tinted the windows dark...
Remove the ridiculous looking engine cover with half covers...
I like the half covers. I would buy them if they weren't plastic.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I was looking at the pictures did see the last post. Why didn't you just get a SRT lol

When I sold my 31 coupe I wanted to spend that money on a car without touching my savings or taking out a loan...no payment :)
I had 27k to spend and I bought what I thought was the best Challenger for that money...
The asking price was $28k plus this and plus that LOL
I bought the car for 27k "out the door"...
It is an untouched dealer lease car...it was pure...

SRTs in that price range were either non existent or beat on at the track or high mileage...
A "good one" was about 3k to 5k more...

I like a "pure" car...not one that has been modded by someone else...I like to "make them mine" :)

In a yr a truck loan that I have will be paid off and I won't mind a small loan at that time :)

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nice man! looks better without that huge cover for sure, thing is looking good! what shifter did you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually did not change the shifter itself...just the knob and a shorter shaft...
I have had several Corvettes and always installed Hurst shifters in them as I love that positive feel of the way they go into gear...

HOWEVER...since then I have torn my rotator cuff and have a bad shoulder...
It is sometimes painful to shift those especially when trying to go into reverse...
I kinda need a softer shifter now as I am older but the short throw still feels much better than stock...

·
Registered
529 Posts
That was a nice car. Yeah loans suck seems your always in one you pay one off then you get something else lol

But it's coming along nicely done with what been done

1 - 20 of 55 Posts