Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice! You've been busy! I want to change my shifter & lower my car a smidge to... but I've also had my car for almost 3 years! lol

The stripes came out great too!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thorvain,

Those quad tips are perfect. What are they, where'd you get them, and were they bolt on or was fabrication involved? If you don't mind my asking of course..

Let me Hit the guy up that did my Exhaust work he is in southern California and is the place to go if you have a mopar

i will get back to you on your questions and of course you can ask

if you live out this way just let me know i will send you contact info

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
The photo looks like you just cut the silencer off. You can get the Charger silencer . Actually called an "Air Inlet Duct" part # 4861940AC. 2011 Charger. Cost me $85 back in 2014. Easy to swap out. Here is my what I did when I removed the big clam shell.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
The photo looks like you just cut the silencer off. You can get the Charger silencer . Actually called an "Air Inlet Duct" part # 4861940AC. 2011 Charger. Cost me $85 back in 2014. Easy to swap out. Here is my what I did when I removed the big clam shell.
That's very nice :)
Really tho, I don't care that much about the flash and glitter anymore...although I DO get it that some do and that is cool :)

At this stage in my life I have had many hot rods and things like having that little stub there does not bother me one bit although there was a day that it woulda bothered the hell outa me...

I will NEVER show the car...anything I do is really only for me :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Looks nice!

So is there anything that comes from removing this "silencer" part?

·
Super Moderator
12,972 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I took mine off for 2 reasons. 1. It took up the space where I installed my oil catch can. 2. It did look a bit ridiculous. That is why it is referred to as the "wart". I installed the 2011 Charger duct and I haven't noticed any difference in sound or performance. I had my car dynoed and she performed as stated by Dodge at 375 h.p. . I later added the DMH cut-outs and they sound awesome when fully open and then going wide throttle. Scares small children and horses !>:)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I took mine off for 2 reasons. 1. It took up the space where I installed my oil catch can. 2. It did look a bit ridiculous. That is why it is referred to as the "wart". I installed the 2011 Charger duct and I haven't noticed any difference in sound or performance. I had my car dynoed and she performed as stated by Dodge at 375 h.p. . I later added the DMH cut-outs and they sound awesome when fully open and then going wide throttle. Scares small children and horses !>:)
Those cut-outs interest me...tell me more please...
Exactly where did you put them...?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I bought the DMH Cut Outs for $400 and my MOPAR guy installed them for another $450. NY is expensive labor. The DMH cut outs have an oval profile and fit tighter under the car and have a warranty. They are highly used by Kindigit Designs on their car modifications.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Today I made a rear panel wrap that glows in the dark when headlights hit it just like police cars and fire trucks...
I did the base in the same vinyl I used for the stripes and graphics...except that I laid the grain horizontally as opposed to the stripes...
That gives it a little different appearance although it is the same...

These pictures are with no flash where it looks like gloss black on the brushed black background...
And also using a flash showing how it will look at night with headlights shinning on it...
FYI...The yellowish appearance with the flash will really be more of a white color at night...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,972 Posts
That's cool ;)

A Guy

41 - 55 of 55 Posts