Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 SE did not come with a spare tire. If you had the same situation, did your Challenger come with a jack? It kind of makes sense to not have a jack if you don't have a spare, but I'm questioning this because I had body work done on the back and rear quarter panel of my car. Some details at the body shop were overlooked such as the sticker on the driver's door jamb that says how much air pressure the tires should have is missing. So, I'm wondering if they removed a jack and forgot to put it back in or if it was never in there. I'll get a call from them on Monday. I think I will order a spare tire (and perhaps a jack) for the car.

Thanks for your reply,
Johnny

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Johnny: Did your car come with the "pookey pump" ? If it did, then you never had a jack or a spare. My R/T came with neither. I don't like the "pookey pump" but I guess I'll get over it. I still have been looking at getting a 20" spare to keep in the trunk. I just feel better.:alf:

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I think the spare tire delete option makes you not get the jack, tire and lug wrench. I know there's reasoning for it on SRTs (weight, and not fitting over brakes) but don't understand it on SEs

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
The spare/jack is an option..... I ended up calling around junk yards and was able to get a spare and jack/wrench from a totalled Charger... it was $280 18 months ago. The spare from a Charger or 300 will work.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
If any of you guys are ditching your pumps I'd like to get one.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
the spare tire was not available on the 2009 SE/E (no fog light car)

2009 SE/G spare tire was an option (fog light car)
2010 spare tire was standard or available option delete

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
I wound up buying a rim, tire, and jack for mine. got the rim from the dealer($100) and bought the tire from a tire store($165 just for the tire). got the jack at Wally World and the mounting stuff from the dealer also.

·
Premium Member
7,294 Posts
the spare tire was not available on the 2009 SE/E (no fog light car)

2009 SE/G spare tire was an option (fog light car)
2010 spare tire was standard or available option delete

A spare was not an option on a 27F car either (R/T). I carry a tire plugger kit (and a cell phone ;) ).

·
Registered
630 Posts
My car had the $75 spare tire delete, so it only came with the air pump. I asked the dealer to include the spare tire with the sale of the vehicle. They threw in the entire kit and left the compressor in the car, so I have both. I had no idea that they were throwing in $400 worth of tire and parts.

I've already used the jack to install my rear spash guards. The scissor jack fits the "notch" perfectly on the sides of the car. My old floor jack wasn't going to work without some kind of adapter (home made or otherwise). I've read stories where people jacked the car from the wrong spot and mess up something.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Here are the part # if someone needs them
Challenger Spare Tire Part Numbers
Dodge part numbers you will need to purchase to have a complete tire kit for 2009-10 Challenger with the 18"/20" size wheels.

1. 4895015-AC Scissor Jack

2. 6504599 Nut
3. 52059160-AC Retainer
4. 4782465-AA Wheel, Spare rim
5. Y8180222-53 Tire, (T145/80D18)

6. 6508110-AA Bolt
7. 4782999-AC Jack Handle Wrench

Dodge dealer parts cost is about $ 408.37.

The number for the tire is for the T145/80D18 which comes with 2010 Challengers.
To use the 18 in. spare with SRT (clear Brembo brakes) you need to obtain the wheel-hub adapter that is described above.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts