Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Wood Automotive exterior Tints and shades Bumper

I just bought this car and found that this jack point at the rear driver side is bent. Is it still safe to use? If not where can I jack it from? The car has no accidents but I just found this and the wiper fluid hose needs reattached so I'm worried I bought a car that's ****ed. It's a 2019 RT btw. I'll need to put on winter wheels eventually so I'll have to lift it somehow.

Edit: There's also virtually zero body damage or scratches on the car so I thought it was well taken care of.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
11,403 Posts
You can still use it, just make sure to securely position the jack saddle on it so there is no risk of it slipping after initial contact on the uneven surface. Once engaged and the weight of the car is on it, it won’t go anywhere.

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Registered
88 Posts
I’d remove it and check everything out. I would not recommend just blindly continuing to reuse that jack pad without ensuring the bolt holding it to the subframe isn’t bent or the nutsert in the frame isn’t broken or bent.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Is that the round plastic thingie under the car just infront of the rear wheel?

I wouldn't be using it. If you catch them on anything, they get forced backwards. Held on with a screw up the centre from memory. I removed the one I caught, then replaced the screw, using a large washer to keep the plastic shield piece fitted there in place.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you're worried about it you can buy different frame connectors. That will give you plenty of places to jack it up. I have never understood them building these cars with very few jack points.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger R/T, 6 speed
67 Posts
Usually you can still use them. I'd still take a good look. They are pretty cheap though.
68089434AD part number for the right
68089435AD part number for the left
I wouldn't take it as a sign the car hasn't been taken care of. I messed mine up on a speed bump once (lowered). The bolt bends pretty easily which is probably a good thing because it keeps the structure of the car from bending. There is a company called lift pad pros that makes a nice aftermarket set for cheap as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts