Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Just moved out of NYC last month and am down in the Jacksonville Fla area.

I'm not seeing good reviews for service at most of the area dealers.

Can anyone recommend someone they trust for oil changes general maintenence etc..

Thanks,
Pat

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use Rick Keefer in Yulee Fl from warranty Challenger work and Buddy's on Hwy 17 in Yulee for my other car. I also had Buddy's do the breaks on a 2012 Challenger as he put better breaks on it way cheaper that the dealer, about half. So usually use Buddy's. Depending on where you live in Jacksonville it could be a long ride.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
412 Posts
Pat (Snake) ....

If you're in the Mandarin/Julington Creek area or Orange Park, then I recommend that you take it to Garber AutoMall in Green Cove Springs. Green Cove is a little slower-paced than Jacksonville and Garber has that small-town feel but with quality techs. I've bought a handful of vehicles there with good experiences. And .... their body shop did an excellent job on my '11 Challenger R/T Classic when it was backed into.

I think that most dealership experiences revolve around the service advisor and his ability to get your car into the right tech's hands. Very true at Jacksonville Chrysler Jeep Dodge on Baymeadows.

So, if you're in the Beaches/Ponte Vedra area, then take it to Jacksonville Chrysler Jeep Dodge on Baymeadows --- but ONLY if you can pick your service writer. For service, ask for Ryan (last name starts with an R .... maybe Reiter or Reiker.) He was very helpful when my car was there on Monday for the radio update. For oil changes, ask for my buddy Mike Rigsby. Mike is a long-time Mopar Master Tech that now runs the oil change area. He knows our cars. Tell him I said hello.

If you just want to avoid the dealership scene, for basic oil changes and general maintenance, see John, Daniel, or Kevin at Auto Spot Tire Pros on Touchton Rd right off of Southside Blvd. Or Cami at their Bartram Park location. Cami owns both stores and makes sure customers are well taken care of.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pat (Snake) ....

If you're in the Mandarin/Julington Creek area or Orange Park, then I recommend that you take it to Garber AutoMall in Green Cove Springs. Green Cove is a little slower-paced than Jacksonville and Garber has that small-town feel but with quality techs. I've bought a handful of vehicles there with good experiences. And .... their body shop did an excellent job on my '11 Challenger R/T Classic when it was backed into.

I think that most dealership experiences revolve around the service advisor and his ability to get your car into the right tech's hands. Very true at Jacksonville Chrysler Jeep Dodge on Baymeadows.

So, if you're in the Beaches/Ponte Vedra area, then take it to Jacksonville Chrysler Jeep Dodge on Baymeadows --- but ONLY if you can pick your service writer. For service, ask for Ryan (last name starts with an R .... maybe Reiter or Reiker.) He was very helpful when my car was there on Monday for the radio update. For oil changes, ask for my buddy Mike Rigsby. Mike is a long-time Mopar Master Tech that now runs the oil change area. He knows our cars. Tell him I said hello.

If you just want to avoid the dealership scene, for basic oil changes and general maintenance, see John, Daniel, or Kevin at Auto Spot Tire Pros on Touchton Rd right off of Southside Blvd. Or Cami at their Bartram Park location. Cami owns both stores and makes sure customers are well taken care of.

Great info!

Thanks so much for all the suggestions guys. I'm actually in River City for now until I find a house. seems like everything is 1/2 hour away especially coming from NYC LOL.

Ill check out Garber for now as I like the sound of the slower pace.

Thanks so much
Pat

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
If you get to the Daytona Beach area [ Ormond Beach ] stop in at Orlando's and Sons on US 1, family owned and operated forever.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I recently went to all three dealerships in JAX trying to get my weird key issue fixed. The first two told me it would be a 2-3 week wait and I would need to buy a new computer. Orange Park dealership also had my buddy's Jeep for same key issue for a month and couldn't fix it.

Last one I tried was Arlington DCJ, they had the issue fixed in an hour for like $250. I would definitely recommend them after that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pat (Snake) ....

agree on Garber in Green Cove Springs, i used them with my camaro too. nice people, a bit slower paced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts