Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dodge chief shows off Charger R/T in ‘Jay Leno’s Garage’
Dodge brand President and CEO Ralph Gilles visits “Jay Leno’s Garage” in this video to show off the 2011 Dodge Charger R/T and show the host how to execute a proper burnout.

For those with Internet access at work or who wish to watch the video from home or a private computer, go to 2011 Dodge Charger R/T - Video - Jay Leno's Garage to watch this 12 minute, 38 second video.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Ralph just embarrassed Jay with that burnout...lol

·
Registered
664 Posts
little more throttle... lol

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
No offense to anyone here...

I don't see why people put stock in Leno, simply because he's able to buy whatever automobiles suit his fancy. He then takes them to shows & obtains awards over people that genuinely dive into the grease & work hard to make their vehicles show worthy. I'm sure he would whine if he didn't get the awards too.
By comparision, David Letterman has actually been in the pits owning & racing automobiles a lot longer.

:scratchhead:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I don't see why people put stock in Leno, simply because he's able to buy whatever automobiles suit his fancy. He then takes them to shows & obtains awards over people that genuinely dive into the grease & work hard to make their vehicles show worthy. I'm sure he would whine if he didn't get the awards too.
By comparision, David Letterman has actually been in the pits owning & racing automobiles a lot longer.

I disagree. I have seen videos of Jay at many local car shows hanging out with the average Joe. He is the biggest car guy in Hollywood. He does work on his own cars all the time (I have seen videos of him working on his steamer cars) and he is highly educated about the history of automobiles. Not trying to sound like a fanboy, but just stating the facts - Jay is a true car guy through-and-through.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I disagree. I have seen videos of Jay at many local car shows hanging out with the average Joe. He is the biggest car guy in Hollywood. He does work on his own cars all the time (I have seen videos of him working on his steamer cars) and he is highly educated about the history of automobiles. Not trying to sound like a fanboy, but just stating the facts - Jay is a true car guy through-and-through.
Of course, it's easy for him, while others are busting their behinds to enter their vehicles in shows. It's an unfair advantage, as the average guy doesn't stand a chance. I realized this a couple of years ago when I saw an interview of an older couple that restored their dream vehicle part by part. When it was finally completed they proudly entered it into a show. When the awards were presented, there was Leno & I thought to myself, "What chance did they have?" Yeah, I guess in part it's that his penchant for whining irks me. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Who cares about a trophy at a car show. I can guarantee Jay doesn't! Just take your fabulously restored car to shows and ENJOY LIFE!

Jay has my vote over letterman. Jay is a true car guy through and through.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
He's a good guy, big into cars and is very knowledgeable about them. He will probably be at Spring Fling at Woodley Park in Van Nuys, he usually goes unless for some reason he can't make it.

·
Registered
319 Posts

Just because he has money does mean that he isn't a legit car guy. Plenty of people have a shop do the work on their car and then show them.

My Garage, With Jay Leno - Forbes.com

Two full-time mechanics help keep things in shape, although Leno (who once worked at Foreign Motors of Boston, near his hometown of North Andover, Mass., before his comedy career took off), likes to do things himself. He's capable of starting and running even the ancient machinery, like his two Stanley Steamers, which require a delicate combination of priming, heating and lighting--like starting up an old-fashioned furnace.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
So Leno did the Challenger, and now he's done the Charger. Does he do Fords and Chevy's as well? The one I saw on the Challenger was more like an infomercial.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Anyone criticizing Leno has not read his articles in Popular Mechanics. I've been reading them since I-dont-know-when, and he has more car guy street cred than just about anyone on this planet. He gets in engines and gets his hands dirty and has been since he was a kid.

And don't be a hater, he's living the dream! He's doing what we all wish we could do; you can be jealous if you want, but I'd rather just try to live vicariously and enjoy his articles and videos.

Anyway, that was a nice vid. I definitely think the styling on the new Charger is a huge step up, I love the rear especially, the tail lights look great. In fact, if for some reason I couldn't have the Challenger, I would not mind at all owning the new Charger. I wish I had that welded roof seem on the Challenger, looks much cleaner.
I also wouldn't mind the more refined dash, Jay was right that Chrysler has improved the dash from the cheap plastic in my car :disgust:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts