Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The JBA cat-back exhaust seems to be where I am headed (due to cost). Has anyone ever installed a set? Is the install completely cut free?? Can I install the setup without cutting the original set? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,117 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks... BuT?!

Thanks for the links, but I was asking about the cat-back exhaust system. I have a lifetime warranty and the cat-back exhaust is about as far as I will push the issue with Dodge :) Any experience with the cat-back setup or install? I looked today and it looks like the stock set is only held together with u-clamps, not welds. Anyone removed a stock setup off a 2010 R/T?? Any input? Thanks again! :pimp:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
These cat back kit systems are made for direct install (JBA, Magnaflow, etc). There should be no cutting needed. The removal of the stock exhaust is simple, although a bit cumbersome if you are doing it in your driveway on jackstands like I did it.....but still very much doable. The drivers side exhaust pipe will separate from the muffler, but the passenger side will not. In essence, on the passenger side, the entire pipe assembly from the cats all the way back to the exhaust tip is connected in one piece. That was the cumbersome part I was talking about.:) I just put a plastic bucket and some boxes under my car when removing it so that when it came apart, it didn't crash onto the driveway. The aftermarket system will be much easier to deal with since it is in manageable pieces/sections. Remember this, WD40 (or some other type of penetrating oil) is your friend.:browsmiley: Spray the pipes where they connect, then using a twisting motion work them off. Use this stuff on the rubber pipe hangers also.
If the JBA system has U clamps and not the Torca Accu seal style band clamps, I would definitely switch the clamps to band clamps style. Those clamps seal much better than U clamps, IMO. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,117 Posts
^^ None of those links are of any help to the poor guy.
Whoa.......
First day with the new glasses.....making me crazy:disgust::notallthere:
Sorry

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I have that cat back on my Challenger. It is really LOUD!! It had no installation issues and bolted right up in place of the original in all hanger spots. I chose to order the MBRP twin exhaust tips instead of reusing my stock ones. The clamps that came with mine were totally worthless. I could not get enough torque on them to cinch the stainless steel. I bought stainless steel band clamps instead to use from Jeg's.

It was actually harder to get the stock system off the car. I did the install on jack stands in my garage at home. Hope that helps your decision.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts