Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone knows how long and hard it is to install. I got the headers, and just need to install them on my car.

Im putting them on to a Magnaflow Exhaust if it makes any difference...

thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Got mine the other day....planning to put them on next weekend once my new Pypes exhaust shows up. From what ive heard its a pretty tight fit and you can plan on 4-6 hours under the car. Not technically difficult, just awkward. We'll see in a few days :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
what ever you guys do, throw away the gaskets the come with them. they a just felt and will burn away in time. get the mopar gaskets part number #04663958. you will need two. they cost about $6 each.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks S/S. I was curious about that, they look pretty cheap. Pickin up the Mopar gaskets in the morning.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
look at the gasket JBA gives you. it is two pieces of soft felt glued to a steel shim. it looks like it belongs on the bottom of a chair leg than as a gasket.

now, the mopar gasket is two layers of embossed steel. these will never burn out. use these gaskets if you don't want to change them ever again.

·
Registered
576 Posts
If you are doing a mod and have any questions S/S is the man, i dont think there is any mod he hasnt done yet.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks good to know

·
Registered
65 Posts
Picked mine up at my dealer. Part # 04663958

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
i pulled the upper intake manifold. this gave me all the room to install the headers from the top. easily reach every bolt with the intake off. about a 4 hour job.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
i pulled the upper intake manifold. this gave me all the room to install the headers from the top. easily reach every bolt with the intake off. about a 4 hour job.
That's good to know, since the upper has to come off for a spark plug change I guess when it's spark plug time I'll have a half way decent excuse to do headers at the same time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
doing my install tomorrow....how big an undertaking is it to remove the upper intake manifold. Sounds like a solution to my problems, ie large hands. Just wondering how involved it is and if I would need new gaskets or can reuse the existing one.

Might as well change the plugs while im at it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
No leak with air on these gaskets, just straight metal/steel no soft/rubber part about them you would think you would need that for a tight seal. I’m still concerned about the warranty all the bad things I hear about the dealership giving people issues with a CAI, I can’t even image the issues they’ll give me with the JBA headers, I can only hope it doesn’t void my warranty, cause then I’m SOL.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
IMO, I'd always put it back to stock before any trip to the dealer. Well maybe not springs, rims, or cat back, but everything else: tune, headers, CAI, and the like.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts