Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im trying to connect my catless JBA mid pipes to my OEM piping, has anyone done this? Did you need to make any modifications to either pipe to slide the mid pipes into the RT OEM piping? I can just about get them in my OEM piping, its tight but I think it can slide in, maybe some lubrication will slide them in properly?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Does it have v-band clamps or something? Usually a muffler guy with expand the ends to slip OVER not inside your exhaust. The airflow will be interrupted if you slide the new midpipes inside the stock pipes. You want the new pipes to expand around the current setup.....should be less than an hour job maybe $150-$200 at a reasonable muffler guy

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it have v-band clamps or something? Usually a muffler guy with expand the ends to slip OVER not inside your exhaust. The airflow will be interrupted if you slide the new midpipes inside the stock pipes. You want the new pipes to expand around the current setup.....should be less than an hour job maybe $150-$200 at a reasonable muffler guy
They are made to slip into the OEM piping. Even the OEM catted mid pipes do the same thing. I've installed it now. Sounds amazing!

Reactions: trippytro

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey guys, im trying to connect my catless JBA mid pipes to my OEM piping, has anyone done this? Did you need to make any modifications to either pipe to slide the mid pipes into the RT OEM piping? I can just about get them in my OEM piping, its tight but I think it can slide in, maybe some lubrication will slide them in properly?
I used a socket and hammer to open up oem pipe just a little. all done under the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts