Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am still new to this forum and wanted to start showing off some of the things I just did within the last 2 months. I came back from Afghan and installed my Borla CatBack system in January. I installed JBA mids high flow cats in November then this past Friday, I installed the JBA shorty headers my dear wife got me for Christmas. I went with the advice of the head tech from the dealer and got the OEM gaskets and the 6.1 exhaust manifold bolts and a back up oil tube. He did the same install on his 2 months ago and is still going strong. I didn't need the tube after all but it was good to have. Here is a before and after video. The first 13 seconds are only the Borla and then after is the JBA mids and headers.
2010 Dodge Challenger RT 6spd. Borla CatBack, JBA high flow mid cats, JBA shorty headers. Volant CAI - YouTube

Reactions: ken kamins

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sounds awesome :thumbup:

Reactions: K9withValor

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Very nice. Sounds deeper with the JBAs.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Agreed, it does sound deeper. Nice. I'm on the verge of ordering a set of JBAs too...the only thing holding me back is that I swore I'd never do another header install on a modern car.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I'll be installing JBA shortys on New Years day... I can already feel your pain LOL.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
set up

You have the same exact setup I have! Man I love it, hope you enjoy yours just as much.
How you liking it? I see you have way more parts too so your ride may be more fun than mine is. I love the new sound. I am probably done for now since my car will be sitting for about 3.5 years after this summer.
Thanks for all the props.

·
Banned
946 Posts
How you liking it? I see you have way more parts too so your ride may be more fun than mine is. I love the new sound. I am probably done for now since my car will be sitting for about 3.5 years after this summer.
Thanks for all the props.
I'm really liking it, I had the factory mufflers (manual) with the resonators removed and it was insanely loud. As much as I enjoyed the factory setup, it was a little too raspy and annoying (not for me) for my wife and neighbors at 530am, so I luckily came across a near new Mopar (borla) cat-back system and had it installed. Even though it is 10x quieter then the other, it has a nice rumble to it and doesn't have the raspy sound when you go WOT and start rowing through the gears. I know the headers and HF cats help the tone a little and I'm sure my cam/tune has pitched in a little as well.
Be safe, check your 5 & 25, and cover your 6, brother

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
K9withValor, do you have any tips on install of the JBAs you can share? Thanks!

·
Registered
332 Posts
That sounds awesome! I have a set sitting in my basement ready to go, but I know my limitations and I'm paying to have mine installed at the same time as my 6.4 cam.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know your asking K9, but my advice would be to pay someone, money well spent over avoiding the headache and busted knuckles, haha!
I agree with you. Many factors played into paying someone to install. My car is lowered so I can't get it up on ramps and our neighborhood is picky about working on your car due to the environment. These guys here have done such a great job on my car and they got done in less than 5 hours. I used that time for family time. Now I have to get rid of all these parts. Haha.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
My Borla sounds better and better as it ages. I paid to have my headers installed also. The mechanic who did mine looked like he had been juggling cats all day. Money well spent.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts