Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just looked at the updated JD Power Forecast we have where I work (automotive supplier). It is usually pretty accurate.

JD Power is showing updates for Brampton:

Dodge Challenger - SOP 3/1/09

Annual Volume:
2009 Calender Year - 42,000
2010 Calender Year - 65,000
approx. 50,000 units 2011 on...

Here's hoping they know something we don't...:)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Krunker said:
I just looked at the updated JD Power Forecast we have where I work (automotive supplier). It is usually pretty accurate.

Annual Volume:

hey, thanks for the info. i'm kinda out of it with this kinda stuff, what exactly does it mean?:eek: is that saying they are projecting they make 42k the first year and then 65k the next? what does "SOP" mean too? also, 65k is still considered limited edition right?...remember i'm out of it with production numbers and info.

·
Registered
257 Posts
No, 2 0r 3 thousand would be considered limited production. 65,000 is about 1/2 of all the Mustangs sold last year. That is a boatload of Challengers!!!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
SWEET.. that plays perfectly into my 5 year plan which I'm 1 full year into now! :D
Same here...I'm currently 5 months away from starting to save. Gotta pay off my mattress first, then dental. After that I got back for my degree and it's gonna be nothing but study and stowin' away cash. :)

·
Registered
598 Posts
..For me,I don't believe it!!!...It seems too far off being made in '08 or '09 model year!!:rolleyes: ...I'm still going with it being made middle of next year('07),..for an '08 model!!..Dcx would be fools too wait this long!!Market is hot now for this kind of car!!..They will lose sales,prolonging it!!...If its true as being built as an '09 model,....then Shelby GT500, here I come,:cool: cause I'm not waitin' 2 yrs.! !!!:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
VP, your not gonna buy a Furd! It says Brampton so they may have to build a new building, maybe that is the delay.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I hate to have to wait. I WANT IT NOW! ...but if production is confirmed by DCX, I will wait for as long as needed. For me, the car is worth it. BUT it is going to be looooooooooong and ...looooooooooong!

·
Registered
250 Posts
stewprime said:
Same here...I'm currently 5 months away from starting to save. Gotta pay off my mattress first, then dental. After that I got back for my degree and it's gonna be nothing but study and stowin' away cash. :)
lol, a mattress and dental is the least of my worries.. house payment, bills, credit cards (bestbuy % kohls), gotta pay off my car (See sig) so I can keep that as well, and of course saving $$ for the down payment and mod cash

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well WHAT IF they are going to take up any slack in their current plant i.e. the rumour of limited production certain style, while they gear up a new plant for full production of many type and model s of the car. The rumour s and hints are pointing that way , but we will have to wait and see wont we....

·
Registered
598 Posts
RRHemi said:
VP, your not gonna buy a Furd! It says Brampton so they may have to build a new building, maybe that is the delay.
...They better hurry up and build that building then,..cause I'm not waitin' another 2-3 years!!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
958 Posts
I agree. Waiting 2-3 years is BS. They will lose sales and the market will likely turn away except for the die hards - too small a number to justify building it. If you recall it took Dodge nearly 4 years to bring the original Challenger to market after the Mustang hit the road. Apperas history is repeating itself. I read in Mopar Muscle that Chrysler went from concept car to production on both the Prowler and Viper in a year. DCX better get with it. :mad:

Rallye72

·
Registered
250 Posts
It's a politics thing at the moment. Dodge is waiting for GM to announce pricing and options for the camaro. Ford does have the GT500 as the initial entry into the segment (the Mustang GT right now isn't powerful enough, in stock trim, to group into this) but the mopar fans will buy the challenger, and people that like retro, will love this car simply because it IS a 1970 w/71 grill.. it's a Challenger, but in a new Suit and Tie. The Charger appeals to people that like lots of power, but need that full size sedan (I personally love that car, but I can forgive the name, some cant)

Once GM releases the info as to what motors, what price, Dodge will come back with their offerings, and tell us what day hour and minute we can pick one up from our local dealer. It's coming, just have faith.. remember, ' or no car'

·
Registered
598 Posts
It's a politics thing at the moment. Dodge is waiting for GM to announce pricing and options for the camaro. Ford does have the GT500 as the initial entry into the segment (the Mustang GT right now isn't powerful enough, in stock trim, to group into this) but the mopar fans will buy the challenger, and people that like retro, will love this car simply because it IS a 1970 w/71 grill.. it's a Challenger, but in a new Suit and Tie. The Charger appeals to people that like lots of power, but need that full size sedan (I personally love that car, but I can forgive the name, some cant)

Once GM releases the info as to what motors, what price, Dodge will come back with their offerings, and tell us what day hour and minute we can pick one up from our local dealer. It's coming, just have faith.. remember, ' or no car'
I don't think gm has anything too do with it!...Their looking at the success and sales of the new retro mustang,..and being that ford already has the success of the new retro mustang,and also the 475hp shelby gt500 coming out in a few months,dcx better get their act together quickly,..or they might whined up holding an empty bag.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Vanishing Point said:
...They better hurry up and build that building then,..cause I'm not waitin' another 2-3 years!!!!:rolleyes:
I remember reading a few years ago online that DCX spent a bundle of billions on getting the Brampton factory ready to produce the 300c and later the Charger...and its still not big enough!:confused:

As long as the Mustang remains a hot seller, the demand for a new Challenger and Camaro/Firebird will always be there. It's gonna be interesting to see if GM or DCX gets thier new ponycar to market first. I think DCX is going to be the winner just because of it's healthier financial status.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Krunker said:

Annual Volume:

So if 3-1-09 is start of production and today is 3-2-06, why thats only 1094 days left to wait, and in a few hours it'll be only 1093 days!! But then they have to distribute them and there might be lines at the dealer to get one and
Its 3 years just for them to start .....:eek: Well at least I should have saved a shit load of money by then.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts