Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After looking for weeks for the easiest solution for replacing the unpleasant squared off exhaust tips that come stock on the Challengers, I finally broke down and ordered the tips made for the Jeep Trackhawk. They arrived today so I got to work putting them on.

The install was super easy. The entire job took 15 minutes from start to finish. The hardest part was taking off the old tips. After loosening the clamps with a 13mm socket the old tips were on there good but a quick pry with a wooden handle and they popped right off. You can see the clamp you have to loosen in this pic.

The new tips look so much better than the old ones (I love the staggered look) and they also sound much better (more echo and rumble). They are a tiny bit bigger than the stock ones so it looks like the heat shield on them almost touches the lower bumper but there is actually about 1/8th inch space so I do not foresee that being an issue. I could lower them a smidge but I think they look better up snug.

Here are some before and after pics.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
835 Posts
Post up some part numbers, pricing, and the vendor you bought from.

Looks great !!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not liking the staggered look. If both pipes were the same length, I would be sold. Just looks like the outer pipe sits in too far, just my opinion. Thanks for the detailed info and pics, much appreciated.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
179 Posts
I also put on the Trackhawks earlier this week. Love the color and that they don't stick out and the are a easy install. Stagger is just a bit much but still look great.

Part Numbers are 68306589AB and 68306590AB for left and right.
I got mine from Bamwholesaleparts.com which were the cheapest I found them at $141.40 each.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts