Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to double check exactly what to adjust predator to i appreciate your help as i have seen alot of different recommendations, as far as the exact temps recommended temperatire settiings for the areas below- under my settings it shows the following and im curious to the recommended settings

COOLING FAN AC OFF
(in that menu it lists these)\
HIGH MPH HS FAN ON
HIGH MPH LS FAN ON
HIGH MPH MS FAN ON
LOW MPH HS FAN ON
LOW MPH LS FAN ON
LOW MPH MS FAN ON

the other menu is
COOLING FAN AC ON
(inside that menu is)
HS FAN ON
LS FAN ON
MS FAN ON

·
Registered
432 Posts
I've got mine set at 190 LS and 197 MS & HS

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I set mine to:

1) Cooling fans AC off
High MPH HS fan on 199.39
High MPH LS fan on 190.39
High MPH MS fan on 199.39
Low MPH HS fan on 199.39
Low MPH LS fan on 190.39
Low MPH MS fan on 199.39
2) Cooling fans AC on
HS fan on 199.39
LS fan on 190.39
MS fan on 199.39

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
perfect exactly what i needed- thx for all replies just got a lil confused-

I set mine to:

1) Cooling fans AC off
High MPH HS fan on 199.39
High MPH LS fan on 190.39
High MPH MS fan on 199.39
Low MPH HS fan on 199.39
Low MPH LS fan on 190.39
Low MPH MS fan on 199.39
2) Cooling fans AC on
HS fan on 199.39
LS fan on 190.39
MS fan on 199.39

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
With the ac on the fan runs all the time, I reset all mine yesterday to 183*. my dash indicates I'm running a half a mark lower than setting them at 186*. or two full marks marks below straight up.As long as the engine is above 160* where it goes from open loop to closed loop, you are ok. My vette had a hypertech 172* stat and I ran at 175* without issues.Ive run back to back to back runs at the dragstrip with nary a sign of heat soak.The predator will datalog but there is nowhere nearby where I can run wot and not risk a ticket.With school out them rugrats are everywhere, even at the dragstrip running around on their bicycles,Sunday I almost hit several just getting into line to race. I'm not anti children, I have three, plus six grand, and four great.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,351 Posts
With the ac on the fan runs all the time, I reset all mine yesterday to 183*. my dash indicates I'm running a half a mark lower than setting them at 186*. or two full marks marks below straight up.
I see you are running with much lower fan temp. settings than most people. I was wondering why most are choosing to run in the 190's ? I had previously made my settings the same as OhmaRumble illustrated above, that is the same as I have read in several other threads so I went with it. When I changed my fan settings for the new 180 degree thermostat I noticed that my original stock fan settings were for around 5 degrees higher than the stock thermostat rating or 208.39 degrees.

So I was wondering why not set the high fan setting for 5 degrees higher than the new thermostat at 185? It seems you have done this without any ill effect. Is there any reason anyone knows of that we shouldn't set our fan setting this low? I'm just wondering as it seems logical to me that it would help the car to run cooler and thus hopefully better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts