Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Charger had some whisper-quiet cop exhaust on it (true dual 2.5" exhaust pipes with 1 muffler and resonator on each side), and I could not stand the (lack of) sound of the car while running, especially since it's got the Hemi in it. I knew I needed to modify the exhaust, and seeing as I've used Jones Full Boar mufflers to fix the exhaust sounds on my previous 2 LXs, I saw no reason to deviate on this latest LX either.

Here's what it sounded like inside the car with the engine running:

idle and part throttle - https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=ngPnrbcK_yA&feature=youtu.be

low speed accelerate -

I would have posted up more sounds clips of the OE exhaust to allow for a good comparison between before and after, but there's just nothing to record. At just about any speed other than WOT, it just cannot be heard. So I would be posting up sound clips of the radio playing or me breathing.

Obviously that was not going to do for me. So I purchased two JFB Flow Deflector Performance mufflers (2.5" offset/offset in/out) and had them installed in place of the OE mufflers. I also had them remove the resonators, so it is just the cats, the mufflers, and nothing but exhaust pipe to the back of the car from there.

Here's what it sounds like now from inside the car while the engine is running (and yes, I know I had the dreaded front-end clunk, but i have since eradicated that):

start & idle & accelerate slowly -

downshifting from 4th to 1st -

downshifting to 1st & WOT to 3rd -

accelerate WOT to 3rd -

WOT thru 2nd and hold in 5th -

BLAMMO! I love it!!

I am definitely 3 for 3 with my Jones Exhaust purchases so far. Their Full Boar line of mufflers has done me right every single time I have gone with them!!

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, I should have disclosed how much the mod costs in all in case anyone likes what they hear and is considering making a similar change to their OE setup:

Mufflers ~ $80
- $35 each ([email protected] summit racing)
- $10 s&h

Installation ~ $220
- $100 for OE muffler & reso removal
- $120 for JFB install (including new exhaust pipes from mufflers’ exit all the way back to rear bumper)

So all in all, I spent right at $300 total for the mod. It was certainly worth it to me, as I was intensely displeased with OE exhaust sound. The sound it has now is exactly what I had hoped to get out of the mod.

Nuke

1 - 2 of 2 Posts