Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently installed the JLT catch can specific for the 5.7. Its mounted to fit the oem engine cover, however I also purchased the 6.4 half covers and the catchcan is blocking the engine cover from setting.
Does anyone know if I can relocate it to another position, or the bolt size so I can purchase a longer bolt with spacers to move the catchcan out a bit?
Oh and I have the oem intake with the silencer on.
Any help would be greatly appreciated it.
Thank you

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,032 Posts
Hi, I recently installed the JLT catch can specific for the 5.7. Its mounted to fit the oem engine cover, however I also purchased the 6.4 half covers and the catchcan is blocking the engine cover from setting.
Does anyone know if I can relocate it to another position, or the bolt size so I can purchase a longer bolt with spacers to move the catchcan out a bit?
Oh and I have the oem intake with the silencer on.
Any help would be greatly appreciated it.
Thank you
I'm sure you can remedy that situation by just buying the 6.4L mounting bracket for that catch can, assuming it's available separately. If not, you may have to get creative...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure you can remedy that situation by just buying the 6.4L mounting bracket for that catch can, assuming it's available separately. If not, you may have to get creative...
the srt has the same bracket but I cant found it at the same location because the intake silencer is in the way.
Has anyone cut the silencer off and plug it
that's basically the same intake as the charger

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,032 Posts
the srt has the same bracket but I cant found it at the same location because the intake silencer is in the way.
Has anyone cut the silencer off and plug it
that's basically the same intake as the charger
I have heard of folks buying the intakes without the silencer to replace theirs with one, so that's certainly an option. I have not heard of anyone cutting the silencer off though, that would be a last resort in my book. You would have to get the resulting hole plugged up completely air tight or risk engine damage from breathing in unfiltered air (sure, it would be very minimal damage, but over time, it would add up).

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,794 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
You need to replace the intake tube with one without the silencer. Either by buying one from a charger or get a cold air intake. That way you can use the stud from the engine for the catch can. I'm assuming that's what you have. I know it's cheaper to get the intake tube from a charger.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,794 Posts
Some have just cut off and covered the hole...it will work

Canada doesn't sell Mopar parts? :D

A Guy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some have just cut off and covered the hole...it will work

Canada doesn't sell Mopar parts? :D

A Guy
It does but a lot more expensive then on Amercian sites
The same part is $200 CAD plus taxes and shipping so almost $300

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,794 Posts
The link I posted he did his cleanly, looks better than cut off and patched, but cut close to tube, covered over and taped, etc. could look ok

A Guy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The link I posted he did his cleanly, looks better than cut off and patched, but cut close to tube, covered over and taped, etc. could look ok

A Guy
Oh sorry the pics didn't show on my com, but I will try it out and post pics when done... if it turns out okay =D

·
Super Moderator
13,847 Posts
If you had a Billet Technology catch can, like me, you could buy a Z-bracket to gain clearance. That is what I have on my 2009 SRT.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you had a Billet Technology catch can, like me, you could buy a Z-bracket to gain clearance. That is what I have on my 2009 SRT.

I wish I brought the BT one
I might try spacers first to see if I have enough clearance
If not then I gotta get creative

1 - 14 of 14 Posts