Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JLT wants you to flip the 90* factory hose around and re-use it for installation. This is very half-assed. See pic. The two ends of this 90* are different sizes. The end that goes onto the factory hardline is smaller than the end that goes onto the intake manifold. They solve this by lubing the end that is too small and forcing it on and providing a clamp for the end that is too big. The legs of the hose are also not the correct length.

I?m looking for a better solution. The bend is too tight for straight hose if the separator is mounted where they want it. Need a 1/2? ID oil resistant 90* that is long enough. Or maybe change the mount for the can so that the bend isn?t so tight.

?Bolt-on? NOT.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Can the catch can be rotated counterclockwise to use a "straight adapter"?
How is the can mounted? Can the location be changed?
I know this would affect the other port's location and hose.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried moving the can further away on the stud, but then it hits the hood. Actually, it hits the hood slightly in the location they want you to use as well. But only when the engine torques.

The best answer seems to be to remote mount the can somewhere. Right now it?s installed the janky way like the instructions show.

I?ll mess with it more when I get some more 1/2? oil cooler hose.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
CATCH CANS DO "CATCH"!!!!!

I had written myself a note to empty the catch can....since I forgot to at the last oil change.
So, got Pete back from the body shop again today, and I emptied it...around 5,000 miles.
This is a 6.4L HEMI.
:bash:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts