Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sealed the deal yesterday and will take delivery later this week. I’m a big Pentastar fan and am looking forward to the AWD technology. This’ll be my 3rd Challenger. Pics forthcoming.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
I think you will like the AWD system. I love mine rain, snow or shine. Mine is destroyer grey. What color are you getting?

20180504_151414.jpg

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you will like the AWD system. I love mine rain, snow or shine. Mine is destroyer grey. What color are you getting?
White with Houndstooth interior. Also my 3rd white Challenger....got a Vanishing Point thing going on I guess. :)

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
White with Houndstooth interior. Also my 3rd white Challenger....got a Vanishing Point thing going on I guess. :)

That's a real nice look! Kowolski RIP

·
Registered
14,935 Posts
What is "houndstooth"? Not familair with that color/term.... Have a pic handy?
Just your basic standard cloth seat ..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
I believe it was only a 1971 thing, which is what the 2015 on up Challengers are modeled after. Houndstooth could be black and white, or black and orange back then. Now the modern Challengers with cloth seats and the houndstooth look pretty much black and gray to my eyes.

Here is a 1971 picture...

Houndstooth.jpg

·
Registered
173 Posts
Welcome to the GT club...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quick pic - just got it home. AWD is smooth.....
Thanks for the input guys.

C0BB9BCA-4ED4-40FF-8727-70A10EF20D21.jpg

Interior Shot

0334F0CB-148C-498D-9291-3987E96447B5_1555261086510.jpg

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I love your wheels. I read on another post that they are stock STX wheels with chrome skins. I'm old and I hate black wheels with rubber band tires so yours are about the sweetest I've seen on here. Do you run them year round?
Thanks man. I'm the same - like chrome wheels on my cars - not a fan of black wheels. I bought used SXT wheels off of Ebay and put a set of chrome wheel skins on them (wheel skins are only like $90 or so for a set of 4). The wheels that I bought were in really good cosmetic shape, but it really doesn't matter since you'll be covering them up with the skins anyway. I run them year-round in PA. I also have wheel skins on my other car and they are freaking awesome - they are VERY easy to clean, look great and last a long time, even driven in snow/salt, etc. Get a little curb-rash? No problem - just replace a single skin - wheel looks brand new again. :) Your car will ALWAYS look like it has brand new wheels.

Between the wheels and the skins, I spent about $550 for all 4 wheels.... The tires are the expensive part (they are 235/60/18 Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 tires).

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
My wife loves her 2020 G/T and I like driving it too. I hope it helps me miss my R/T less during the winter storage. I think it will, when you obey traffic laws the experience is pretty much the same with all the trim levels. Actually I added paddle shifters to mine because hers has them, mine did not. I did not think I would like them, until I drove her car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts