Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather in middle TN has been whacky this year. Single digit temps, snow, ice, salty roads, etc. Normally we get one maybe two days of snow a year and they're usually in mid Jan to early Feb. Temps are usually in the 40s or 50s right now.

Needless to say I haven't driven my Challenger in over 3 weeks. I'm starting to jones for a drive. I don't know how you northern guys do it. I have other hobbies, but they all involve being out side, so I'm going stir crazy.

At least I have a new Billet Tech under hood dress up kit to install to occupy my time this weekend.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Quiet, Speedy. You'll be driving soon enough when this Greenland High weather pattern breaks that's sending all the cold weather down south. I'm stuck for another 3 months. This is my first year owning a Challenger, and my first winter I get to look at my big girl out in the garage. :( Time can't go quick enough to suit me.

I'm hoping to make a run to southern North Carolina next month - I'll wash any salt off when I get there, and when I get back.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
me no likie salt on the car either

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm bored at work with the data center move completed so now I'm twiddling my thumbs due to moratoriums through the end of the year and just wanted something to chat about haha.

After working 60 hours a week for 6 months I don't know what to do with myself.

The boss is on vacation for the next two weeks and I'm in charge <evil grin>. I just hope crap doesn't start blowing up. Two years ago I was stuck here fixing a server all day Christmas.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
go out to the parking lot set some cones up and have at it.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I COULD NOT leave this car sitting for an entire winter! No way! I don't know how you guys do it. I don't drive it in deep stuff but today in Lowe's parking lot.........WE HAVE IGNITION! ESP OFF! ALL SYSTEMS GO! GO WITH THROTTLE UP!

A couple of guys watching and just grinning ear to ear with me!

·
Registered
460 Posts
The weather in middle TN has been whacky this year. Single digit temps, snow, ice, salty roads, etc. Normally we get one maybe two days of snow a year and they're usually in mid Jan to early Feb. Temps are usually in the 40s or 50s right now.

Needless to say I haven't driven my Challenger in over 3 weeks. I'm starting to jones for a drive. I don't know how you northern guys do it. I have other hobbies, but they all involve being out side, so I'm going stir crazy.

At least I have a new Billet Tech under hood dress up kit to install to occupy my time this weekend.
Cleveland, TN here :thumbsup:

I know exactly what you're going through. I snuck mine out middle of last week for a day when it was cold but dry, but he's been under cover since then. I was really starting to feel that cruise itch today and may take it out this weekend of the weather stays dry...still too wet this morning.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts

I don't want to hear about three weeks heck I haven't drivin my car going on two months!!
What kind of billet tech stuff dod you get? I was on there site this weeken whee doggies I could spend a bundle there. All I got was the front skull and bones badge.

·
Registered
585 Posts
weather forecast for this sunday in new york is for a possible snow storm. I had to take my baby out for a drive today because i figured once the snow and salt is on the streets she won't be coming out any more. It felt good to take her for a spin theres just to much traffic here, couldn't open it up all on the highway. probably for the best anyway with all the troopers on the roads lately!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I am up here in Central Ohio and my Challenger is a daily driver. It currently has quite a bit of salt on it as we have had two weeks of not even close to 32 degrees so it stays filthy... don't like it but that is just the way it is.

I work for a company that has the main office in Atlanta... they had a horrible heavy ice storm hit a few days ago and it basically brought the roads in Atlanta to a halt for hours. They said they had all time records of car crashes. I wonder if any Challengers were in that mess.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
I don't have a Challenger right now and I sold mine like 5 days before the crappy weather hit.

We have so much gravel and salt on the roads until April, I just hate taking my car out in it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Speedy you are every vendors dream, because of guys like you they pray for snow....since you have to keep busy they can sell you this and that....I think all of the Challenger owners that have to garage their cars during the winter need a indoor venue where you can bring the cars and just go and drive them onece every weekend ... all of you in the snowy places have my condolances every winter.
The good news is another day has come and gone so you are one day closer to the time that you can unlock the garage and fire up the Challengers. Hang in there everybody.:):thumbsup:

·
Registered
460 Posts
I don't have a Challenger right now and I sold mine like 5 days before the crappy weather hit.

We have so much gravel and salt on the roads until April, I just hate taking my car out in it.
There's several reasons I generally avoid taking my car out in nasty weather.

First and foremost, it's way too much effort to keep clean all the time to drive it in nasty weather :p Washing the car in the cold is also not a lot of fun. I didn't have a choice a month ago when my wife's Jeep was hit by a careless driver and before that when my Durango was in the shop. Still, I'd just as soon not drive it in unpleasant weather than have to wash it every weekend.

Second, I'm a lot more worried about someone else doing something stupid in poor weather than I am whether it be rain or snow. I learned to drive in Wisconsin winters and can handle big vehicles ok, just not as sure of one with a fair bit of power and no snow tires. Even though I'm pretty careful, I'd just as soon not take the chance since I always have the Durango.

Finally, I'm not fond of salt getting all over my car whether or not today's undercoatings are better as a lot of people have claimed. I'm sure they are, but I'd rather not find out the hard way years later. It's just one more reason for me to not drive it in cruddy weather.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts

here in WI its winter for 4-4.5 months...back in the day when they built new homes i used to be working in unheated homes all winter...it sucked... we store our cars 5 months of the year...unless you like sleding or skiing your inside all winter...its been 5-15 degrees now for 2 weeks..i bought a Wii to keep the family from going crazy..

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
If she's sitting for 3 weeks or longer at a time, don't forget to throw her on the charger every now and then. That's a much better choice than firing her up and idling for 15-20 minutes...

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts
your not the only one J it's in the shop and the weather has been very cold but at least it's dry with a little sunshine I might take her for a spin to see how the upgrades are working but then again the tires won't like the cold roads...:browsmiley:

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Got caught at work on Dec. 1 when it snowed. I got home before they got the salters out and my car is still clean from the wash after Thanksgiving. The roads are so bad that I just can't take her out yet. Besides, it is either the Challenger or the 7 year old Durango. Which would you let sit?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts