Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've had Ram 1500 Sport for a little over a year now, but it's just not the same. I decided to go with the truck because we have 8 solid months of winter here in the Arctic. I have had two Challengers (2014 SXT Plus, 2016 SXT Plus) and now i think I'm going to dive into an AWD Challenger. I kind of wanted one last year, but i kind of wanted to see what the 1st year of production would be like and if there are any kinks or whatnot.

I'm pretty excited for it. I absolutely miss the Challenger and something AWD up here is an absolute must. Seems like a win/win, right?

Also, the first thing I'm doing is getting a new set of 20's. Not the biggest fan of those new 19 rims and tires, but i figure i'd just use them in the winter and slap on 20's for the summer.

How do you guys like yours? Any issues at all?

·
Registered
194 Posts
My GT has been in the shop several times now since I bought it in December. i regret buying it. The electronics are buggy. The GT is a great idea but a poor execution.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sucks man, hopefully it can sort itself out. I work for a dealership so If something goes wrong (hopefully not) I can get it fixed rather easily.

The paperwork is going through as we speak... hopefully this time next week it will be on a car hauler!

Really, really do not like the factory wheels. Not sure what they were thinking there...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,798 Posts
From my reading, the majority are happy with it, and have no issue. I'm sorry anyone has a bad experience, but it seems to me the exception. A Guy

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
I have about 12,500 miles on my GT it does great in the snow. The AWD is the same one the Chargers and 300s have had for years so I think they have it pretty sorted out. As for wheels I am using the stock 19" GT wheels and all season tires for winter and the 20" Scat Pack wheels with their summer tires in the summer. The 25.5mm offset verses the 55mm offset of the GT wheels make them stick out a bit but they don't rub anywhere I put MOPAR splash guards on to help protect the rockers with the wider tires after I took these photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Love my GT. 1 year and 14k miles. Not one problem. Love it in the snow and great daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 GT
17 Posts
I love my GT! over 15,000 miles on it and not one problem. I also use the 19 inch wheels for winter. They are great and get thru the snow with no issues and are very quiet. I have 20 inch wheels for the summer. At least with the 2018 GT you have 2 different style
wheels to choose from. I'm stuck with the honeycomb style... not a fan and would love to get the other style but they want $500 apiece for them.. heck with that.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,507 Posts
I have about 12,500 miles on my GT it does great in the snow. The AWD is the same one the Chargers and 300s have had for years so I think they have it pretty sorted out. As for wheels I am using the stock 19" GT wheels and all season tires for winter and the 20" Scat Pack wheels with their summer tires in the summer. The 25.5mm offset verses the 55mm offset of the GT wheels make them stick out a bit but they don't rub anywhere I put MOPAR splash guards on to help protect the rockers with the wider tires after I took these photos.
Really? I wonder why they did not make the 5.7 an option. Probably due to the MPG penalty it would incur. I was just watching an AWD RT charger plow through a foot of snow on youtube and was thinking...sure would be interesting to have a challenger version.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Dodge says the AWD Challenger is V6 because it has the most sales I think that it was going to be too expensive to fit the AWD system to the 8 speed automatic. Because the AWD Charger is still being built in the police pursuit model but with the old 5 speed auto.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts