Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. I have SRT with the Eibach coilovers. Then i want to do burnouts during acceleration my tires has a tendence to start "jumping". I always thought that this is a problem then you ha to less torque, but that should not be the problem. Any one has any suggestions how to make my love do long thick black skidmarks?

Best regards Johan from Sweden

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Sounds like wheel hop. Change the tires all will fine.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Your problem is often described as "wheel hop". I don't have any personal experience with any of the products that address this, but I have seen various threads on this forum where people were getting good results with the "Hop Not" kit.

In any case, look around and do some searches using the phrase "wheel hop" and you should be on the right track...

·
Banned
903 Posts
I would not have thought the tires would have made that big of a difference in the wheel hop but it did. When I put the new wheels & BFG tires on mine about 90% of the wheel hop was gone!

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Hop Not is not a fix all. Tires are the issue glad you solved the problem!!

·
Banned
903 Posts
I bought the Hop not stage 2 kit and didn't install it, I was waiting to put the rims & tires on so I could see if there was going to be any clearance issues. After changing the tires and most of the hop was gone, I sold the hop not kit. I am having the Petty's garage coil overs installed next month at Petty's Garage along with Pedders sway bars, and all pedders bushings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts