Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
To most people the Challenger appears more expensive so they buy the Camaro or Mustang - that's how I see it.

I don't think either of them has the cool factor the Challenger has, and guess which car will be more valuable in 30 years higher production or lower :)

The Challenger has jaw dropping look. I still can't get used to the attention it gets. The other day I was at friend's house for family BBQ, his neighbor called him to ask if he can speak with the owner of the Challenger. So I got out thinking he will ***** about parking spot or something, and he greeted me with "I love your car, can we take some pictures?" :) Camaro and Mustang don't have this factor, uh uh... I don't care how much they sell.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The numbers don't deter me from wanting to buy a Challenger, already made my mind up. However, how long can the car be produced with the lower sales, that's the concern.:scratchhead:

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
11,033 Posts
Very interesting stuff, thanks for posting. But keep in mind that pretty much no matter what catagory of vehicle you compare both Ford and GM will sell a lot more than Dodge. They are simply much bigger companies with a much larger contingent of loyal followers.

Compare the original of each of these muscle cars, which sold the most? Camaro's and Mustangs far outsold the original E-body mopars. I just hope Dodge sells enough Challengers that they have either a next generation Challenger or Barracuda, I want another Mopar available when I'm ready to trade.

·
Registered
362 Posts
... I just hope Dodge sells enough Challengers that they have either a next generation Challenger or Barracuda, I want another Mopar available when I'm ready to trade.
It doesn't costs Dodge anything (or very little) to keep running the Challenger, it is already developed project. They just need to sell all they make to be profitable from the project and to have $$ for the next version (if there is).

Challenger is a prestigious car to have in your line up, all of Dodge's commercials show it up front, so I don't think it is going away any time soon - selling more or less of the Camaro doesn't matter.

There will be next generation of Challenger - could be smaller, lighter, call it 'Cuda etc...

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
it all makes sense to me....the Challenger is $10,000 over priced and Dodge quality is the lowest of the 3....its the best looking and thats why it sells 3,000 a month....if it didnt have that sales would be 0

if i didnt need a back seat for 3 kids id have a Camaro Convertible and still pay less than my Challenger was.....its a no brainer....i think the Camaro Convertible will cut heavily into the Challenger sales.....yea the Challenger is cooler, but a convertible Camaro is cooler yet(and cheaper)

if the SRT was $10,000 less you'd see Challenger sales be ahead of the SS/5.0 ill bet....

·
Registered
153 Posts
it all makes sense to me....the Challenger is $10,000 over priced and Dodge quality is the lowest of the 3....its the best looking and thats why it sells 3,000 a month....if it didnt have that sales would be 0

if i didnt need a back seat for 3 kids id have a Camaro Convertible and still pay less than my Challenger was.....its a no brainer....i think the Camaro Convertible will cut heavily into the Challenger sales.....yea the Challenger is cooler, but a convertible Camaro is cooler yet(and cheaper)

if the SRT was $10,000 less you'd see Challenger sales be ahead of the SS/5.0 ill bet....

ditto, 2012 5.0 stang, 412 hp, six speed, posi, great handling and awesome brakes!! SRT-like power for $28k...Dodge needs to step it up, like, NOW! My next spare $28k is going towards the Mustang, and I'm a life-long mopar guy!

·
Registered
362 Posts
In my eyes the Challenger offers a lot more than the Mustang, and I am not even counting that I see one on every stop sign. I am not sure that they are 10,000 less than the Challenger, last time I configured one on Ford's web site with similar options was only 3-4K less.

Hell, I wouldn't buy Mustang if it was half the price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts