Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
What do you mean goes “flat” ? If you’re reffering to the power flatlining up over 5, I understand. Mine pulls hard untill about 4800 or 5000 and it DOES stop pulling . Maybe not first or second, but its also warmer here in California and its harder to lose traction. Looks like pretty cold climate where you are at, and you have traction off? Are you on stock tires?

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean goes “flat” ? If you’re reffering to the power flatlining up over 5, I understand. Mine pulls hard untill about 4800 or 5000 and it DOES stop pulling . Maybe not first or second, but its also warmer here in California and its harder to lose traction. Looks like pretty cold climate where you are at, and you have traction off? Are you on stock tires?
Just as you said. Stop pulling. This pulls hard to 5800. Yea sport mode on as always, yea junk stock rubber, but not loosing traction at 90 in 3rd. I just had that clip. Pulls hard at whatever temp.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Yeah, I thought my car pulled hard 80-90+ mph until a Scat Pack dusted me on the freeway, haha. He must have hit 150 by the time I was up to 120.

·
Registered
415 Posts
2016 R/T 5.7 6 speed. Shifting at 6K pulls like Jack the bear. 5th gear @5K RPM=130 MPH....and it was still pulling hard.

·
Registered
116 Posts
5.7 M6:

Have had the tach up to the 6K range momentarily and never felt it limit or feel it drop off.
Feels like it wants to keep going to me, but have never held it there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I raised my rev limiter to 6500 rpm and I have gotten it there a few times. My car is tuned by Jay Greene. Going at 5k these things will keep pulling. Even with that extra 1.5k rpms it's amazing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts