Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been in touch w/ a fellow member on my M3Forum that along w/myself has a check in the briefcase waiting to be filled out to DCX :)
He went to the NY show and went immed to the DCX dsiplay to see the car in its all mighty glory. He said the crowd was 4 deep pretty much from open to close. Of course no info given but only to WAIT, as word is coming soon.

He did not think the car was overly huge or ungainly as some have said. Only that it looks totally lethal on its wheels and ready to take a bite out of someones a$$ that clogs the left lane.

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've just listed my car so I can get a beater and start saving up for the Challenger.. If they don't make it, I'll be 'forced' into a Charger in SRT-8 guise
Sweet !! I really need something to hang my hat on at this point though, I mean throw a dog a bone please DCX.

·
Registered
153 Posts
If you want to know how big it is, stop by your local Chrysler dealer and stand next to a 300C then add an inch in legnth, 4.5" in width and subtact 9/10ths of an inch in height and you have got it................ BTW touch the center of the roof if you can.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Challenger_Nut said:
If you want to know how big it is, stop by your local Chrysler dealer and stand next to a 300C then add an inch in legnth, 4.5" in width and subtact 9/10ths of an inch in height and you have got it................ BTW touch the center of the roof if you can.
I guess I'll have to pass on a Challenger if that's the case.:(

·
Registered
171 Posts
Challenger_Nut said:
how do you figure the challenger will be longer than the 300c is when it's on a shortened platform?

·
Registered
153 Posts
PhantomR/T said:
how do you figure the challenger will be longer than the 300c is when it's on a shortened platform?
It has a shorter wheelbase but is longer in overall legnth according to the specs DCX released. They reduced the wheelbase and increased the front and rear overhangs to get the retro look of the orig.

·
Registered
181 Posts
It's gotta have a little "heft" to it if it's gonna feel like an old Muscle/Pony car. I mean, those things were deft little cars zipping around the road. They were big, imposing figures that dominated the road.

I like that it's going to be somewhat substantial. Getting in and out will be easier. It'll feel like you're really in something. And monstrous SUVs on the highway won't be as overwhelming.

I saw it in person in Detroit, and it didn't strike me as being too large. It seemed like the right size. The proportions are good. The girl was standing next to it talking about, and didn't look like a dwarf. I think it's all right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts