Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everyone takes pics of their Challenger, well here is mine....inside the garage & buried with snow. Dont know when I'll ever be able to take her out for a drive!!:scratchhead:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
...ya could have at least opened the garage door :):):)

...here's a Judge in the snow for Judgeman

ps...got another Judge arriving next week

Attachments

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
another Judge??????.....some details & pics would be nice, and there's also a '69 carousel red Judge sittin' behind the snow & my garage doors:)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
...I currently have 2 '69 Judges, both Carousel Red 4-spds...I call one the "Beach Boys Judge" because it was in a TV commercial with them a few years ago..it is a fully restored car, several books/magazines and awards

...I call the second one the "Barn Judge"...found it in a small garage a few blocks from my house last year...it had been hidden away for 37 years and survived beautifully

...the Judge on the way is a car new to the hobby...it was just located recently and is about 90% finished...we intend to finish the car when it arrives...it is a '70 Judge convertible, Orbit Orange 4-spd and is about as perfect as a car can be...no current pix, it is in transit...I hope to get plenty of pix when it arrives and we hope to have it completed soon (minor final assembly)

...all 3 cars are fully doccumented, matching numbers etc etc

pix..."Barn Judge", purchased from the original "little old lady" owner

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thats about what my driveway looks like and my car tucked away in the garage.

I see your in LI im in Queens.

·
Registered
757 Posts
...I currently have 2 '69 Judges, both Carousel Red 4-spds...I call one the "Beach Boys Judge" because it was in a TV commercial with them a few years ago..it is a fully restored car, several books/magazines and awards

...I call the second one the "Barn Judge"...found it in a small garage a few blocks from my house last year...it had been hidden away for 37 years and survived beautifully

...the Judge on the way is a car new to the hobby...it was just located recently and is about 90% finished...we intend to finish the car when it arrives...it is a '70 Judge convertible, Orbit Orange 4-spd and is about as perfect as a car can be...no current pix, it is in transit...I hope to get plenty of pix when it arrives and we hope to have it completed soon (minor final assembly)

...all 3 cars are fully documented, matching numbers etc etc

pix..."Barn Judge", purchased from the original "little old lady" owner
Very impressive, and off the scale on the "coolness" meter. Has that '70 Judge convert been written about at all, or documented on the web? I've seen pics of such a car, and I believe it was on my main Pontiac forum, PerformanceYears. Are you a member on there, by chance? I hope one day to make a spectacular "barn find" such as you did with your second '69. Heck, it wouldn't even have to be some high-profile, high dollar model. Just, and nice, all-original survivor. lol

As close as I've gotten occurred in Sept of '06 when I bought a '72 GTO (PHS docs confirmed) that had been sitting out in a MO field since 1988. Short of the engine and trans, the car was all original, and completely unmolested. Minimal rust, but the paint was seriously faded. So much so, that in some areas (Roof, hood, and tops of fenders), the color was a burnt black, instead of the Quazel Gold, the car actually was. The car was so clean underneath, that when I chipped away at some of the factory undercoating and dirt, the metal was still like new.
But, beyond that, the car needed a total restoration, from top to bottom. Exterior, interior, and every hose, line, and bushing. The driveline needed a going through, too. Another cool aspect was that the original 400 and PY-code TH400 were long gone, but replaced with a '69 XF 428 and PR-code TH400. It was a nice upgrade. I got the car running, and able to be driven around the block. But, that's it.
I ended up selling that car to buy the '71 I have now. I couldn't pass this one up, as it had most of the hard work done, including the installed 455, which was complete with "HO", round-port top half and M22. It still needs some things, but as stated it's already had a lot done, and I could get in it and drive anywhere.

And, though there's anywhere from 14"-30" of snow outside, both my Goat and Challenger are sitting in the garage, side by side. And, I'm thankful for that..

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
The only two GM's I would own are a 69 Judge or a GN. Y'all all have beautiful goats. I'm truly jealous.:cowtounge:

·
Registered
466 Posts
We're having record snowfall/ice for the second year in a row. For the first time ever, snow plows are being called in to the North Texas area. No doubt partly to help clear things for the Super Bowl. But my Challenger stays safe.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I see you are in Lewisville. I'm over by Eagle Mountain lake, NW of Fort Worth. I won't open the garage door to take a picture of mine sitting in there.....it might get cold! :)

·
Banned
557 Posts
We are breaking records here in Oklahoma for the most snowfall. In my particular area, we recorded 20" in a single snow. While I understand many states up north get this quite frequently, frankly this has shut down our entire city because we don't have the equipment to deal with the road conditions.

In fact, we have been stuck in our house since late Monday night when it blew through town. We are temporarily living in an apartment until we can decide on a house type & location. Thankfully the apartment management sent out Bobcat's last night to blade off some of this crap. It was good enough, we could get my wife's Equinox out today. Roads are super crappy and barely passable. But at least we saw other humans and had a chance to fill up on some supplies. Now we are back home watching it snow again. No chance of getting the Challenger in this weather. :(

Challenger buried:

Wife's Equinox (closest to left hand side of picture):

·
Registered
213 Posts
We are breaking records here in Oklahoma for the most snowfall. In my particular area, we recorded 20" in a single snow. While I understand many states up north get this quite frequently, frankly this has shut down our entire city because we don't have the equipment to deal with the road conditions.

In fact, we have been stuck in our house since late Monday night when it blew through town. We are temporarily living in an apartment until we can decide on a house type & location. Thankfully the apartment management sent out Bobcat's last night to blade off some of this crap. It was good enough, we could get my wife's Equinox out. No chance of getting the Challenger in this weather.
OMG.....drink up:guiness:

You got it a lot worse than we did here in KC. A lot worse.... we only got a foot where I live.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts