Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had wanted a Challenger since seeing the first concept car photo. I would settle for nothing less than an SRT8 - no R/T for me. Then I decided to wait for the 392 to come out and the price to settle a bit. So, one day i was sitting at my desk, and suddenly stood up, walked out and traded my hunting truck on an R/T. I figured the 6.1's will devalue and it will be a while before the 392's are affordable. I talked the dealer into catbacks and mopar CAI, which i am having installed tomorrow. As a former WS6 Trans Am owner, I have not been impressed with acceleration. I also have the auto w/3.06 rear so I was not expecting 0-60 in 4 seconds.

Then I started scheming to get a supercharger. I figured I could make 392 power and then some on a budget that way. However, the wife stood between me and my $7,000 prize. I don't know how I did it, but I whined enough that I will be having the magnacharger installed next week! Looking forward to 500+ at the crank! I am kicking myself a bit now for getting the CAI, but it was a freebie and the supercharger installer said he can fab it for use with the magnuson.

So, will I be able to lay some decent smoke with the auto/3.06 after supercharging next week? Someone please say yes!

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the car. Can't help ouy on the smoke question but there's alot of people on here that will.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I too had thought of ordering a 392. Saving my pennies while talking to a few dealers in hopes of getting mine exactly how I wanted it. I knew this would take months, if not over a year, to happen. Well, I just couldn't wait. On XMas eve Santa coaxed me into a 2010 R/T 6spd. What a deal! As an ex-300C SRT-8 driver all I can say is...this is much better!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hope you got the Super Track Pack option or you defiantly will making a lot of smoke! :burnout:Congrats on the new Challenger.:banana:

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I would like to say welcome to the best Challenger Forum. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM any of the Admin/Moderators.

Also, please be sure to read General Forum Rules - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Thanks for joining our forum, please enjoy and we look forward to your participation. :bigthumb:

Glad you joined awesome ride :) great choice in modifications your going to need new rubber very soon as she'll cook the factory skins :browsmiley:

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Congrats. Welcome to the forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts