Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey new friends,

As my title states, I just bought a 13 6 speed SRT8. She has just over 72k on the odometer and lived her life as a daily driver. Unfortunately, it had no maintainance records and I bought it from a Ford dealer, where it was traded in on a Shelby. I believe all they did was wash it (somewhat) and throw it on their lot. The car rides well, but you can tell it's not factory "tight". The motor runs smoothly, but I feel it could be smoother. So here is where I need you all. You know these cars, their quirks, their peculiar behavior, and their irregularities. If it were you who purchased this car, and you wanted to bring it back to factory + condition, where would you begin? (I turn my own wrenches, just don't know much about programming or digital tuning)

Are there any issues I should look for?

Is there a common piece that goes out or malfunctions for my year, or the 6.4 in general?

How often for plugs, and what brand/kind?

Thank you for your comments and advice. :grin2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Congratulations on the fine ride, and welcome to the forum!!! You should get a lot more life out of her. Have you checked for Dodge recalls? Others more knowledgeable people than I will soon greet you. Good luck!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Have you ever messed with a new hemi? Theres only so smooth it is going to run. the "Hemi Tick" will be a normal occurance..

Plugs should be changed around the 100k mark.. Unless you are going with a power adder, factory champion plugs will be fine.

Check out the suspension bushings, check the tire wear (if the fronts are worn more than the back, they obviously rotated them), wouldnt hurt to go ahead and put fresh oil in it since you dont know when it was changed last (0w40 penzoil platinum, mopar or wix filter is my drink and cup of choice)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the tips!

Do you have any preference for suspension bushings? On previous cars I would buy a complete kit from Energy Suspension, but this isn't like any of my previous cars. I see many options out there...

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Congrats and welcome
Make sure airbag recall has been done. There may also be some updates. I’d have a Dodge dealer take a look at it.
Energy, whiteline, and moog are a few that make bushings. Also upgrade the sway bars white you’re at it. I’d recommend the Pettys Garage 3 way adjustable ones. Cradle bushings is another one you may consider changing. It reduces wheel hop by a great deal. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts