Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I first started looking at a mustang 5.0, then realized it was too much power that Will be quite tempting and waste of money since I don't race, I was looking at a v6, a very powerlful car as well... But all of a sudden changed my ming and went for an Se.

Im 18, so I thought an SE would be something cool and with only 250hp, should be enough picked it up yesterday and managed to get it for $21,995. Its an alright price.

payments of $385/month is quite comfortable, and leaves the different of bigger models to pay for gas money. Color is white and its just a basic SE with an extra $995 of nitrous something, not quite sure, thats a shame. Anyway. Just wanted to share with you guys my purchase and will post a few pics in a bit:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
welcome..If your worried about wasteing alot of money you better be carefull on here. The guys talk about stuf and you think you have to have it too. congrats on new car.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Congrats on the new car!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nice, my SE is only 3 months old, very exciting car to have, once you break it in you will be more then excited with its pick up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, and yeah 20k would have been good but $21k was I gutless good enough, though not the best.I'm loving it so far and having only 36 miles on it:) Its crazy:)

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
2K over 60 months is only $30 some $ a month. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it or keep me from loving the car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Your deal was good in comparison to base 23,XXX price. I got mine in 21,XXX range myself "after" TTL

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
You sound like you're smarter than most 18 year olds if you've already figured out that extra power will always be tempting...

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Welcome aboard. I have had my SE for almost 1 1/2 years and still love the car. It has enough power for me.

·
Registered
764 Posts
payments of $385/month is quite comfortable, and leaves the different of bigger models to pay for gas money. Color is white and its just a basic SE with an extra $995 of nitrous something, not quite sure, thats a shame. Anyway. Just wanted to share with you guys my purchase and will post a few pics in a bit:)
I'm confused, did you pay an extra $995 for something or get something of $995 value thrown in? If you paid an extra grand you should know what it was for. . .

Was the $22k the otd price?

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
You paid what made you comfortable & satisfied your wish to own a Challenger... that's what's important. Enjoy your ride & welcome aboard! :pimp:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm confused, did you pay an extra $995 for something or get something of $995 value thrown in? If you paid an extra grand you should know what it was for. . .

Was the $22k the otd price?
The $995 was already included In the price, nothing extra, specially falling for those extras at the end, no wayyyy, I did get the gap but split the price of $698 with the finance manager after denying to him about no extras for 1000000 times, so instead of paying around $14 extra, I only paid $5 extra. 50%+ saves.....

Btw: I should have went a little further with negotiating the price, but I simply had no time and was very sleepy, ehh I should have came back a different day.... Anyway I did tell the sales person I would come back but didnt mean it, just said it to get better offers. Which worked everytime.... Im happy with the ride, still new, hoping to record a few videos and take better pics soon... Perhaps have a few naughty events inside with the gf, but thats another story.....

I would consider myself a bit smart for my age, and I was very careful to research my information and read over papers and make sure, every promise is written on paper.... They did try to rip me off and said before the contract" ohh so your payments will be $399 right" I clearly said no wayyyy, its $385, & then changed it without an issue. Its a vrry common trick when people dont pay attention... I did tell them how I was expecting such things already and to not try any other thing or contract is over. I kept every paper I signed with me until the very end, even though they wanted to take each paper signed with them. But I stated No! Because if another attempt to rip me off is made, I will rip evrrything off. Which turned out great:)

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
The $995 was already included In the price, nothing extra, specially falling for those extras at the end, no wayyyy, I did get the gap but split the price of $698 with the finance manager after denying to him about no extras for 1000000 times, so instead of paying around $14 extra, I only paid $5 extra. 50%+ saves.....

Btw: I should have went a little further with negotiating the price, but I simply had no time and was very sleepy, ehh I should have came back a different day.... Anyway I did tell the sales person I would come back but didnt mean it, just said it to get better offers. Which worked everytime.... Im happy with the ride, still new, hoping to record a few videos and take better pics soon... Perhaps have a few naughty events inside with the gf, but thats another story.....

I would consider myself a bit smart for my age, and I was very careful to research my information and read over papers and make sure, every promise is written on paper.... They did try to rip me off and said before the contract" ohh so your payments will be $399 right" I clearly said no wayyyy, its $385, & then changed it without an issue. Its a vrry common trick when people dont pay attention... I did tell them how I was expecting such things already and to not try any other thing or contract is over. I kept every paper I signed with me until the very end, even though they wanted to take each paper signed with them. But I stated No! Because if another attempt to rip me off is made, I will rip evrrything off. Which turned out great:)
You did great kid. A lot of older guys would've made a bunch of mistakes.

Enjoy your Challenger & your gf. :clap:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

Congrats on the car and you made a good call. A V8 would have been murder in your car insurance. Heck my insurance company wants to double my insurance with a 2011 Inaugural Edition and I'm 36. Needless to say they're losing my business. :disgust:

·
Registered
296 Posts
18k or 22k it doesn't matter so long as YOUR happy with the payments and happy with your purchase. I spent almost a YEAR searching for the deals these guys on here claim to have gotten with no luck.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Im 18, so I thought an SE would be something cool and with only 250hp, should be enough picked it up yesterday and managed to get it for $21,995. Its an alright price.
Very nice indeed & best of luck with it!

When I was 18 I had nothing as nice as this car!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts