Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always respected Hemis, but I grew up a GM person. The tiny size of the latest Camaro sent me looking for options. I rented a Challenger for a few days on a trip, and bought my own the day after I got back home.

The 5.7 Might not be up to 392, Hellcat or Demon status, but its got the torque to push you into the seat and the rumble to make me smile. Coming from a different frame of reference, I've got a lot to learn. I have a hellcat lower air box with the headlight tube ordered. But that's it so far. Beyond that, I don't know what these engines like or what parts are cross compatible, etc. So, I'll be reading a lot of the threads and possibly asking a ton of questions.

Lets start off with a basic question any newbie would ask. Lets say you have $1,000 in hand. What would you recommend?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Congratulations on the Octane Red R/T and welcome to the forum! Awesome color. Great car.

You already have a great exhaust system there so you are ahead of the game from a few years ago. Well the catch can is a must. Tint of course. You didn't mention transmission. M6 and I understand a skip shift eliminator is favored with a Barton shifter.
A8...... how do you like your wheels? Good luck!

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,640 Posts
Congratulations on the new car. Great color. You may want to try the search function. Put in “new car mods” and see what comes up. Enjoy your new car safely and have fun.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,644 Posts
Welcome from California ;) Awesome color :thumbsup:

A Guy

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,028 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Welcome aboard. Love the color.

Lets see.....with the first $1000 (because it doesn't stop there ;))....tint those windows, get some lowering springs, swap out that small chin spoiler for a scat pack chin spoiler.

Now, with that said, the everything I mentioned would be less than $1k granted that you do some of the work or have some friends that can assist.

Tinted windows - $150 - $250
Springs -$270
Chin Spoiler - $125-150

Its the labor, at shops, for installing all of this that will cost more. Lucky for me I'm part of the Illinois Demons Chapter and we have a member who has a shop so we all chip in and help each other install mods.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Strut tower braces front and rear.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've always respected Hemis, but I grew up a GM person. The tiny size of the latest Camaro sent me looking for options. I rented a Challenger for a few days on a trip, and bought my own the day after I got back home.

The 5.7 Might not be up to 392, Hellcat or Demon status, but its got the torque to push you into the seat and the rumble to make me smile. Coming from a different frame of reference, I've got a lot to learn. I have a hellcat lower air box with the headlight tube ordered. But that's it so far. Beyond that, I don't know what these engines like or what parts are cross compatible, etc. So, I'll be reading a lot of the threads and possibly asking a ton of questions.

Lets start off with a basic question any newbie would ask. Lets say you have $1,000 in hand. What would you recommend?
That's just a great color. The best in my opinion. Gotta put a catch can on it pronto.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Awesome car and beautiful color! Congrats. Me, I would go with tires, 275 on the rear and 255's on the front and tint the windows.

When I purchased my 2014 RT M6, I immediately got a flowmaster catback exhaust system (you don't need to with that new killer active exhaust), windows tinted, put in a CAI, after that tires. Tires made a big difference not only in its performance but its look.

By the way, I would much rather put my money into the tint and tires over a CAI, the gains are so minimal (if any) its really kind of a waste of money.

Best of luck to you and enjoy the car!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts