Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 18 challenger and want to get rid of the resonator only. Wanted to see if anyone on here has and is it woth it

·
Registered
14,078 Posts
It's gonna have some drone, keep the resonators at the back and delete the mufflers under the middle of the car, many have done that mod. It will be louder but without drone.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
It's gonna have some drone, keep the resonators at the back and delete the mufflers under the middle of the car, many have done that mod. It will be louder but without drone.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Agree! I removed the resonators on my 2013 Blacktop RT 6spd and you had to shift around the drone which can be a pain. Deleting the mufflers is a better route!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Slidd thanks for your advise I dont mind drone had long tube headers on my 2015. This time not going that route

·
Registered
13 Posts
Manual or auto? If you have the auto you will not want to ditch the resonators. I have a manual, and I would also recommend only deleting the center mufflers. You can still cruise down the highway at 80 mph without crazy drone, but when you get on it, its very loud.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
+1 took out the mid mufflers 3 days after owning my 16’ RT M6 sounded great! Its loud , no drone. Just a bit unrefined sounding

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I took my mufflers and my resonators off, 3 days after I bought my 2014 RT Plus, brand new. I installed Flowmaster mufflers to replace the factory ones. The car sounded great to me. Mine is an automatic and I did get the "drone noise". It didn't bother me and if I drove a steady 62-65 mph it went away. THEN.....I went and installed a pair of DMH Cut Outs ........and NOW I REALLY LOVE THE SOUND !!! When you turn the cut outs off, you are like ....why is my car soooooo quiet!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congratulations! I've had my new 2018 RT Plus with the shaker hood in yellow jacket for a couple of weeks now and I'm in love! Personally, I love the sound of the stock exhaust system! It's the sound that I always tried to get in all my vehicles and I love no drone! But...to each his own and good luck with yours!

·
Registered
152 Posts
i took the resonators off my '15 r/t mt and replaced with blasting bobs pipes and it sounds great.i don't know what people call drone ,i don't hear drone i just know it sounds good plus lost a few pounds.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just bought a 18 challenger and want to get rid of the resonator only. Wanted to see if anyone on here has and is it woth it
I removed resonators and installed flowmasters super 44s and it sound like a beast! Nice at idle better when you hit the throttle! No drone in 6th gear!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Congrats & welcome!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
179 Posts
Congratulations! I've had my new 2018 RT Plus with the shaker hood in yellow jacket for a couple of weeks now and I'm in love! Personally, I love the sound of the stock exhaust system! It's the sound that I always tried to get in all my vehicles and I love no drone! But...to each his own and good luck with yours!
Yes me too. Got my 2018 RT Plus in Nov. Exhaust looks stock to me and i think its loud enough. Not going to touch it asside from put Dual tips on it. I dont like the stock tips.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts