Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, for those that recognize my name, they'll know that I've been looking for a challenger for quite a while. I've had three colors I really wanted, either a Hemi orange, a b5 blue, or a blue streak pearl. While looking, I realized that the v8 was too much for my budget if you include total maintenance, fuel, INSURANCE, and others, (considering i'm 18 and in college), so the hemi orange and b5 blue were pretty much not an option. I never really cared for the v6 colors, the only one I really liked was blue streak pearl, but those seemed to have a mark up because of the rarity of the color. Well, I did a little looking, (wasn't planning on buying till late june so prices drop after 2015's release), and I happened to find a v6 blue streak pearl, 12.8k miles, for 20k. my overall budget was 25k, but I got to find the car I want, in the color I want, with the engine I need. I think everybody will feel safer knowing this young guy is in a v6. :bigthumb:

The 3.6L is such a great engine for someone like me. My cousin has an R/T but it's so strong, let alone the SRT. the v6 accelarates as much as I need it to without having insane "I might get myself killed because this thing is badass" power. Also, driving a v6 in chicago's winters keeps everyone happy. I dont need to worry about the not so optional 20" chome clads on most v8s taking too much damage.
All in all, I don't feel like I "settled" for the V6 like some people would think. I'm still young, and I know I'm blessed to even have a challenger at all at my age, (let alone a pretty new one with a beautiful color). It's such a nice car, but im too terrified to even take it anywhere! haha
Thanks everyone for your support!

·
Registered
15,069 Posts
Hell yeah man looks awesome! Great color and clean.

here's some temporary dealer pics until I figure out how to add pics on this site lol
For thumbnails, save the pics to your computer. Click on the paperclip attachment button then hit browse to find the pics then upload, and that's all there is to it. Won't take up a lot of space and people can right click on it to go full size, max 5 pics per post.

Reactions: drluck

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
congrats...sounds like you found a good challenger that is in your budget (most important thing imo).
enjoy the new ride

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hell yeah man looks awesome! Great color and clean.

For thumbnails, save the pics to your computer. Click on the paperclip attachment button then hit browse to find the pics then upload, and that's all there is to it. Won't take up a lot of space and people can right click on it to go full size, max 5 pics per post.
Thanks, I got it going now. haven't had a chance to take many pics yet, but these dealer pics do a good job of showing it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I have three things I want to do to it:
1. add a lip spoiler
2. add (most likely white, or silver?) dual srt stripes
3. add an interior ambient blue LED lighting
I'm not a big performance modding person. Car is fine just the way it is. just a little decoration and we'll be good to go!

Does anyone have good/bad experiences with buying a spoiler/ stripes online? I could take it to the dealer, but they might rip me a new ******* when it comes to pricing. also, will adding a spoiler void the warranty? i dont think it will, but always better to double check

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
My spoiler was bought off ebay and cost me $100. Install was easy and the paint match was perfect. It will nkt void your warranty.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Congrats

Nice looking car, and a wise move for a college student. Have fun.

·
Registered
387 Posts
In my opinion that's one of the best colors EVER offered on the Charger/Challenger. I really wanted it but there were none to be found around here.

Congrats. Above 4,500RPM the Pentastar is pretty nasty. If the SXT had 3.73 gearing like the R/T it would be much closer in a race. You'll enjoy your car!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
In my opinion that's one of the best colors EVER offered on the Charger/Challenger. I really wanted it but there were none to be found around here.

Congrats. Above 4,500RPM the Pentastar is pretty nasty. If the SXT had 3.73 gearing like the R/T it would be much closer in a race. You'll enjoy your car!
Thanks. the dealer took me to a strip of land and said "this is USUALLY where I tell people to gun it."
And i hit maybe like 60 and I was like "yeah that's enough for me" lmao. I've been trained too much to resist that urge... and looking at accident pictures of challengers really puts you back into place. there was a thread not too long ago about a guy who crashed just backing out of his driveway. gives me chills.
I want you all to meet the slowest challenger driver of all time, here in person!:redcap:

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
do you remember the seller? and is it bolt in, or...?
My car didnt come with a spoiler so I had to drill 2 holes in my trunk, worked out great. Think it was "spoiler and wing king" or something

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Does anyone have good/bad experiences with buying a spoiler/ stripes online?
Yes, bought an SRT stripe kit online. Cost a little over $200 IIRC for 3M vinyl, there are a couple of site sponsors who sell the kits. Installed it myself. Was pretty straightforward and it looks good. Couple of minor mistakes made while learning to get it right, but they are tiny and I'm the only one who notices them. I think a professional vinyl guy would notice any imperfections, but that's not who I'm trying to please.

Watch Youtube vids on wet vinyl install to figure it out.

Took me a little over a day to install the kit, and that was going slowly and taking my time to get alignment right and to try to get it as good as I could. I wasn't in a rush.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK so I'm upgrading from a key-and-lock 2001 cavalier so I need some explaining w/ the key fob. if the car's unlocked, will it turn on? or does the key fob need to be right next to it?
also, do I have the "hidden" EVIC if i dont have the electronics convienience group? all i see is a trip computer, 0-60, and my current speed. thanks

·
Registered
387 Posts
Key has to be near or in the car, and brake pedal has to be pushed, then it will start. Also, you can walk up to the car with the key in your pocket and push the little black button on the handle and the doors will lock, or you can simply pull up on the handle and they will unlock.

At least that's how it works if you have the Keyless Go system or whatever they call it. You can still use the buttons on the remote to lock/unlock from a distance as well.

·
Registered
426 Posts
You don't have to answer this, but what's your driving record like? My insurance isn't bad at all, and I've got an R/T (I'm also 23, right out of college). Don't have a single tick mark on my driving record. Mine is $110/mo., which isn't too bad in my opinion. Did you get a quote, or multiple quotes, on insurance before deciding? From a college student standpoint, I completely understand living on a budget. 4 years in an engineering school that was going to leave me $200,000 in debt forced me into a tight-budget lifestyle (thankfully, my parents took half).

Anyways, not to worry now. You've made an awesome investment. Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's awesome and a great choice, I had the V6 when I was younger for 5 years and I've just traded for the v8, you will be very happy withe the v6, it's a great engine and still looks fantastic!
Congrats

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations on the new ride! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts