Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
yup.. you can ask diablo supprt in the vendors here or on lx forums...

·
Registered
72 Posts
donwload the ds downloader get the serial to usb and hook up to your laptop or pc with predator powered up. ds downloader will connect to predator and let it do it thing. i had same problem.

·
Registered
389 Posts
There should be a few posts in Predator threads on this. What you have is a later version CALID (AD) as your "stock" tune, vice the earlier one (AC) which the Predator is designed to modify. From what I've read on this and other forums that discuss this issue, DiabloSport does not yet support the later CALID (AD), but is reportedly working on it.

What this means in practical terms is that if you want to use the Predator on your car, you'll need to install the earlier CALID (AC). This is necessary because as you probably know, the Predator canned tunes don't change everything, and since its based on the AC CALID, if you don't first start with that, any changes in your stock tune made by the Predator won't work properly with other things already adjusted to the AD CALID. The same is true for any other changes you make with the Predator, as it is modeled on the AC CALID.

So, if you're willing to roll back to the AC CALID, you can use your Predator without issue. No word on when they might come out with an AD-based version. I've read the only problem with doing this is that you won't be able to put the AD CALID back on - the only option for going back to "stock" is the AC CALID, which some are not too thrilled with. I have a 2010 SRT8, but it had the AC CALID stock, which didn't impact using the Predator out of the box.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Is there a way to tell whether I have the AC or AD on my car without a Predator? Like based on build date or something?

·
Premium Member
10,452 Posts
donwload the ds downloader get the serial to usb and hook up to your laptop or pc with predator powered up. ds downloader will connect to predator and let it do it thing. i had same problem.
This is all you need to do!

DS Downloader will do what is needed to get it working. There are just more Calids from Dodge that Diablo has in their system (hard to keep up with how many different Calids Dodge has lol)

Its about a 10 min. process to get it to work :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Is there a way to tell whether I have the AC or AD on my car without a Predator? Like based on build date or something?
I would like to have an answer to this also .

Also does anyone know the changes made by mopar from AC to AD... I would not want to downgrade if it erased a needed fix. I think this is a valid concern for anyone who has just purchased a tuner or for someone like me who is only waiting for an answer to this question before I place my order. Rich

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Don't downgrade your car upgrade your predator to ver. 9.27. Its a free download from their site. You do need to have an iterface cable if you don't already have a way to hook your predator to your computer. from what I've heard that should fix it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
What does the build date say on your door sticker? I have a 2010 with a build date 11-09.
On my door sticker it lists the build date as May 2010. Another poster asked if there is a way to tell the CALID by build date - I don't know other than by plugging in the Predator. I don't think the CALID is identified anywhere on manufacturer stickers or other documentation that came with the car.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Don't downgrade your car upgrade your predator to ver. 9.27. Its a free download from their site. You do need to have an iterface cable if you don't already have a way to hook your predator to your computer. from what I've heard that should fix it.
My Predator came with ver 9.27 already loaded - and I have CALID AC on my 2010. Unless DiabloSport just came out with an AD version, the Predator is still based on the AC version, to include the 9.27 update - so you'd still have to pull off the AD and upload the AC to use the latest Predator update.

With these CALIDs its important to note they are like versions of Windows or any other software "bundle" - the Predator basically works like a Windows Update - it enables modifications of the existing software bundle of a particular version of the CALID. If you attempt to modify a different version than the Predator is intended for, it won't work. The Predator "recognizes" your CALID and if its not the version its intended to modify, it won't allow you to do so, thus precluding a corruption of the CALID version on the car.

Don't know what the differences are between AC and AD - maybe a MOPAR service dept would be the best resource (assuming a service tech knew, or there was a tech bulletin that identified the differences). I haven't researched it since I had the AC on mine. That said, I'm not aware of any negative effects of rolling back an AD to and AC and then using the Predator - none of the forums or other Predator info resources I use have mentioned any problems.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have been to the predator forum @ diablosport and there are much the same questions going unanswered there too (I do realize that there are only one or two techs that answer questions in their spare time) people are asking when the preditor will support the AD calid and there has been no word yet... I would like to know what the difference is between AC and AD though. I plan on getting a tuner in the next two weeks but I would like answers to these questions first.Anyone know if there is a chrysler mechanic on these forums that might know or could find out the diffs in the calids?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
My car was built in Jan 2010 and I just got my predator Tues. from Maryland Speed and with all of these questions I went ahead and tried it today. I didn't have any of these proplems and wasn't ask to and didn't modify anything. I don't know what calids I have but whatever was put in 2010 Challenger RT Classics works fine with v.9.27 predator.

·
Registered
72 Posts
man if you want to use the predator this is how you do it......::brickwall:

i was in the same position you were.

·
Registered
389 Posts
My car was built in Jan 2010 and I just got my predator Tues. from Maryland Speed and with all of these questions I went ahead and tried it today. I didn't have any of these proplems and wasn't ask to and didn't modify anything. I don't know what calids I have but whatever was put in 2010 Challenger RT Classics works fine with v.9.27 predator.
If your Challenger has the AC CALID, the Predator works as described above - basically a "plug and play" event with the latest (9.27) download. The only time it will give an "error" message about the CALID is if its not the AC version. According to the DiabloSport forum, as well as some other Dodge and Challenger-specific forums, DiabloSport has not yet released a version of the Predator that supports the AD CALID. From what I've read on the topic of CALIDs, it appears that the AD version started being used some time in late 2010, and that year model can be found with either CALID, but its more common with the builds later in the year (like from July onward). I don't know of any reports of 2009s and earlier with the AD CALID, only late-model 2010s.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts