Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can not believe that I found this deal. $480 for both front and rear, minus the front rotors. It was on ebay used. They were only mounted and then taken off. Does anyone know if they just use the SRT front rotor size?

·
Registered
2012 R/T
108 Posts
Look like the calipers might be wide enough to require the SRT or similar wheels. Do you know the part number of the kit?

·
Registered
2012 R/T
108 Posts
360mm front Rotors (14-1/8"). Spec'd for the 3.6l or 5.7l with performance brake package according to the website.

·
Registered
2012 R/T
108 Posts
Have you checked that your wheels will fit? Most likely the stock wheels won't.

·
Registered
2012 R/T
108 Posts
Thanks! I saw that but was wondering if the SRT fronts are the same?
According to the SRT 8 spec sheet they also use 360mm front rotors .

·
Registered
2012 R/T
108 Posts
They should fit. They are 6 piston front calipers but I have 20 inch wheels.

Looks like it. They have templates you can use to check on the website.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some pictures of the install

The brakes so far are incredible. Stopping power in excess. The lightest pressure stop you quickly.

·
Registered
2012 R/T
108 Posts
Very cool! Great deal for you!

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
I had a 2011 Roush Mustang and had the Stop Tech brakes fitted by the dealer [disc's Calipers and Pads] (a Roush option), I was a bit worried that they would need to be hot to work good and would be rubbish on the street. I was worried for no reason, they were fantastic brakes all round, they were the best brakes I could have hoped for and would not hesitate in using them again in the future.

I can't comment about the fitment etc on a Dodge, all I can say is my experience was good!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I had a 2011 Roush Mustang and had the Stop Tech brakes fitted by the dealer [disc's Calipers and Pads] (a Roush option), I was a bit worried that they would need to be hot to work good and would be rubbish on the street. I was worried for no reason, they were fantastic brakes all round, they were the best brakes I could have hoped for and would not hesitate in using them again in the future.

I can't comment about the fitment etc on a Dodge, all I can say is my experience was good!

I am very pleased so far. After the initial bed-in they do not squeak and bite very well even cold. I figured that for $480 I could not go wrong.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Disregard, Stop Tech emailed everything to me.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
Good thing it's not a 2015 or newer. Front rotors on a 15+ SRT are 390 or 15.35 inches in diameter, and 1.34 inches thick. They are two piece rotors. Available from Powerstop through many vendors like for example Summit CLICKY HERE
Mucho buckaroos.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts