Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have a Challenger!!! It's a 2011 RT Classic, black / black stripes, 6 spd, STP, sound group 2 - 730N. It is still in transit to the dealer so the wait will kill me, but I know it's worth it!!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Congrats on the new car. You're gonna love it.

What part of Arizona? My brother lives in Yuma. I has to be hotter than crap there. It's really hot here.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congrats on your new toy!!! Welcome to the owners club. I had to wait a week as my dealership found a Blue 6-speed then had to wait even longer as it got shipped here. The wait can be a bastard but when it finally arrives it is oh so sweet.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I now have a Challenger!!! It's a 2011 RT Classic, black / black stripes, 6 spd, STP, sound group 2 - 730N. It is still in transit to the dealer so the wait will kill me, but I know it's worth it!!!
Do you know if it is the Gloss Black or the Black Pearl? I understood they no longer use the pearl because they can't get the mica from Japan, and al lproduction 2011's are using the 2012 Gloss Black instead. NJ dealer just took delivery of one and it's Gloss Black.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you know if it is the Gloss Black or the Black Pearl? I understood they no longer use the pearl because they can't get the mica from Japan, and al lproduction 2011's are using the 2012 Gloss Black instead. NJ dealer just took delivery of one and it's Gloss Black.
I was just looking at the color on the window sticker and it says "Black Clear Coat Exterior Paint" Any idea how it looks???

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on the new car. You're gonna love it.

What part of Arizona? My brother lives in Yuma. I has to be hotter than crap there. It's really hot here.
I live near Phoenix, and yes it is hotter than crap here!!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Order your skip-shift eliminator now! Best $30 you will spend on the car.

Congrats on the new ride.. I got mine by "accident" and I absolutely love it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Order your skip-shift eliminator now! Best $30 you will spend on the car.

Congrats on the new ride.. I got mine by "accident" and I absolutely love it.

Thanks!
Just ordered a skip-shift eliminator on Ebay, $12.10 with shipping!

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Just testdrove a '11 black CLEARCOAT r/t classic auto with stp that arrived on the dealer lot this week. Love the clean, glossy look. There was an '11 metallic black srt8 next to it and they look very different in my eyes. So, yes the paint issue seems to hold true and these black cars here at end of 2011 production are indeed being sprayed with clearcoat.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just testdrove a '11 black CLEARCOAT r/t classic auto with stp that arrived on the dealer lot this week. Love the clean, glossy look. There was an '11 metallic black srt8 next to it and they look very different in my eyes. So, yes the paint issue seems to hold true and these black cars here at end of 2011 production are indeed being sprayed with clearcoat.

I can't wait to see the Black Clearcoat... or the whole car!!!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Welcome to the club. You are not going to regret it. :)

·
Premium Member
17,155 Posts
Congratulations! :thumbsup: Don't forget to post some pics.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not being a jerk but all Late model cars are clearcoated:thumbsup:

FYI "Black Clearcoat" is the new name for the paint that comes on black Challengers...:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts