1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have been checking these out myself, trying to figure out whether they are worthwhile. This one seems to be one of the best I found. I would be very interested in your review and opinion of it after you check it out. If it does all it says it will, tough to beat the price.:smokin:

·
Registered
486 Posts
I've been thinking about getting one of these, as a Challenger owner that doesn't have the electronics convenience package it makes a lot of sense. I would love to hear how well yours works once you get it.

Alternatively there is the Diablosport Trinity, which does the same thing as the Dioblosport Predator, but also everything this little device does. The Trinity costs $599, but the Predator costs only $279, so the Predator plus the OT-2 device saves around $140.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok at a quick glance when i hooked it up It looks like this unit read the following sensors below. I will be testing it this weekend to see whats what. But from what I saw its pretty quick sending data to my iphone. and with using Logworks3, setting it up is easy and theres lots of customizing and fine tuning that can be done. Ill post another update after I test it out. But for about $160 its well worth the money, because the App is free and Logworks is free....

RPM
Throttle position
engine load
spark adv. "cyl 1"
MAF
MAP
VSS
ECT
IAT
Short term fuels 1,2,3,4
Long term fuels 1,2,3,4
fuel rail pressure
fuel level
air temp
BARO pressure
run time
control module volts
CAT temps
a allot of WB 02's
all 02 sensor volts
fuel sys 1,2 open loop

·
Registered
85 Posts
One of the biggest compaints I read was the connectivity of the device to the phone. Love to hear your report on that after some use. Does it do any time / speed programs (like 0-60, 1/4 mile, etc)? How does the fuel economy part function (Interested in that for my pickup, which is hammering me on fuel)?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just ordered one from Summit Racing for $155.99 and got a tracking number 2 hours later! Hopefully it works good, and if it does, I'll be ordering the LC-1 to go along with it, which turns it into a wideband gauge/logger also! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One of the biggest compaints I read was the connectivity of the device to the phone. Love to hear your report on that after some use. Does it do any time / speed programs (like 0-60, 1/4 mile, etc)? How does the fuel economy part function (Interested in that for my pickup, which is hammering me on fuel)?
I've no connection issues to my iPhone, very fast. I have a 3GS and no problems. You can connect 3 ways, WI-FI to ur phone and laptop, or the USB cable to ur laptop included in the kit. There is a dyno program that measures max G, HP, max MPH and AFR. Not sure how the fuel Econ. Works yet haven't tried it. But there is a full brake down on innovates web page about the OT-2. You can download the app if u want to look at it, it is free. It's called logworks. I'll post again after I try it in depth this weekend. And I will prob be buying the wideband add on soon : )

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I tried my OT-2 this weekend and I really like it. Its data loging is hands down the best part. Plus with Logworks 3 wich is worth its weight in gold really completes the package. And you can add a wide band to it for even better data loging. The dyno and efficiently meter is also right on.

Now to what I dont Like. The Logworks App for the Iphone is alittle weak. And would prob. only use is to data loging not to monitor whats going on with my car. the gauge part is just bad. I know its free but It just looks like they didnt put alot of effort into it

......But then I downloaded the DashCommand App V2.6 "wich DOES work with the OT-2 on my 3GS". And I have to say its way cooler. The way it monitors the engine sensors looks awesome, wich is prob. all id use it for plus it has alot of diff skins so the gauges can look anyway you want. Its not as fast as the Lgworks app but its good enough and im glad I bought it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Have you had a chance to see how it is a 0-60 timer, and for the quarter mile?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you had a chance to see how it is a 0-60 timer, and for the quarter mile?
No I haven't, I'll prob. try 0-60 this week on my way to work. And prob. can't try and run the 1/4 mile till it gets nicer out, it's eather rain or snow every day here in Chicago. But I'll keep you guys updated on how the OT-2 works in the weeks to come.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks for the real review. I never trust those app reviews in Itunes. I will look forward to further info. I am probably a few months from buying something, but this definately has me intrigued.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the real review. I never trust those app reviews in Itunes. I will look forward to further info. I am probably a few months from buying something, but this definately has me intrigued.
Hey no prob dude. I did drive too and from work today using the Dashcommand App. and I have to say its way better " so far ". It does everything great. You cant uses your data logs unless you BUY there program wich sucks. Wich is why Id only use the Logworks App and the FREE logwork 3 software to data log.

....here are some screens shots of the Dashcommand App. Everything works but the FRP, MAF, and the AFR will work if you hook up a wide band to the OT-2. but everything else works nicely

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts