Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Just bought my new 11 Challenger!

6K views 52 replies 21 participants last post by  Rumblefish50 
#1 · (Edited)
So stoked, its so smooth. SO, ive been looking around but have found NO upgrades (intake, exhaust, tuner, ect...) for the pentastar. Any suggestions on sites. Also i want some sick ass Halo's any clue on those? Last but not least, any one know a good site for muscle rims?

Proud owner of a tungsten challenger!!

#2 · (Edited)
So stoked, its so smooth plus they changed everything that was lame on the ten and nine. SO, ive been looking around but have found NO upgrades (intake, exhaust, tuner, ect...) for the pentastar. Any suggestions on sites. Also i want some sick ass Halo's any clue on those? Last but not least, any one know a good site for muscle rims?

Proud owner of a tungsten challenger!!
Probably won't win a lot of good will with most on here with that comment.
Good luck with your search from a "lame" '10 owner.

#4 ·
Haha cant please everyone Laughing at the lame comment.

You can buy the lame halos on ebay. Id get some not so lame HID take off parts from the SRT8 or RT export cars.

The factory HID non halo lights are 695.00 (thats what i paid when i ordered my car) and evil bay has them for the bargain basement price of.....

2 lame Franklins and
1 lame Grant

:guiness:

#5 · (Edited)
My lame 09 has a lifetime warranty, looks way better than a 11, no DWB, and I've got more than two years of thumbs up, hot chicks asking about the car etc, having a trend car for two years, it was all glory:bigthumb: Oh an my "lame" 09 weighs in 200 lbs less, and as soon as I can get the part numbers, I'll upgrade to 11 suspension parts..

#6 ·
Congrats on the new car. I assume that you bought the SE with the new motor?

Discount Tire Direct seems to have decent prices on wheels, but a limited number of choices. I kinda like their chromed reproduction SRT wheels.

#8 ·
LOL okay okay i apologize, i meant the "lame" being the giant steering wheel, non push start, ect...... didnt mean the car itself esp the rts and up

anyhow, lol Those are some sick HID Halos, What do the Srt HIDs look like?

#11 · (Edited)
LOL okay okay i apologize, i meant the "lame" being the giant steering wheel, non push start,
You think the push start is cool? LOL it is a useless toy, just one more thing that adds weight, cost money and will break, and it is completely useless. Put down the Iphone and drive.

There was a good article a while back on why German cars now suck, basically all the nick nacks cost money, don't add to the feel and drive of the car and um the Japanese just do it better for cheaper. People buy a German / Euro car for the look and drive feel, the design of the interior, the euro prestiege, try to add all the bells and whistle does not turn a BMW into more of the "perfect driving machine" it turns it into an American living room and guess what, stuff breaks and adds weight and cost. Ain't fun when your Volvo R is broke with $1700 GPS screen stuck out of the dash and beeping. Come the 11 has much to offer, but push button start, oh well each to his own.

#12 ·
Haterade. Its not the R/T so i dont expect it to fly, i just wanted a good looking car with sufficient power and gadgets that were in the present era.

#14 ·
IF you are looking for wheels go to tirerack.com You can pull up a side profile pic of a Challenger and pick your paint color and put different wheels on it that way to see how it will look. I did that and decided on American Muscle Torq Thrusts for my car. Also, if you want to add graphics Ridergraphix.com has a ton to choose from. The strobe rocker panel graphic on my car came from them and my car featured on their website.

#15 ·
hell ya man, those rims look so nice on it. Mines tungsten so im betting they look good on that color too.

#21 ·
#19 ·
My lame 2010 S/E is fine for me since most the lame stuff has been replaced with anti-lamed replacements that are std. on the 11. Except the lame steering wheel. I did go with remote start so the push button start seems kinda lame to me. Lame on bro, its time for the lame modding to begin.

#20 ·
My lame 2010 S/E is fine for me since most the lame stuff has been replaced with anti-lamed replacements that are std. on the 11. Except the lame steering wheel. I did go with remote start so the push button start seems kinda lame to me. Lame on bro, its time for the lame modding to begin.

HAHA i see that it wasnt so bright on my part to state the lame thing. I think all challengers are sexy as hell! Did you get the remote start from factory so it goes on original remote?

#22 ·
I have a lame 09 R/T and I guess even lamer 2010 SRT8 to use your terms. If you are going to make friends on hear you might want to get someone else to read your post before you send them.

#23 ·
LOL i changed my initial comment. I didnt mean LAME as everyone took it... i meant like the things they changed in 2011 because of the complaints made.... but ..... i do apoligize for anyone i upset becuase i would hate for someone to say something about my baby!

#37 ·
really guys your gonna get butt hurt over something so stupid, this is almost the the whole V8 vs V6 thing. I mean really...
Stop acting like little girls some of you are worse than some of the Honda Guys...
You need to remember YOU pay for YOUR CAR... who gives two shits about what the next guy thinks really...
And yeah he had said "lame" Whoop-dee-****ing-doo... get over it.
If you know anything... anything at all your still driving a challenger in of which is not lame by anymeans, so stop getting butt hurt over what this dude said. Even then he used it in the wrong context anyway. and he even admitted that it was not really what he meant.

C'mon guys.

#38 ·
What a classy post. There is such thing as etiquette, and it's important. The OP has apologized. He didn't seem to have malice in his post. Your post, on the other hand, leaves much to be desired.

#43 ·
Congrats on your 2011. I love mine too. I have submitted product requests to k&N, Airaid, Goldplug, etc. Guess we'll just have to wait.

So far I've added factory fog lights, Mopar shifter T-handle, Locking gas cap. I have Mopar exhaust tips, SRT functional hood scoops, and door sills on order.

Happy parts hunting. :thumbsup:

#44 ·
Meh, he's right. The things they changed for 2011 were changed for a reason. Since the production version of the challenger was unveiled, the number one complaint I've seen was the steering wheel. They changed it. They added dual exhaust standard (which from all the posts on this forum about adding dual exhaust, does indeed make the car less lame). And they also made other popular mods standard, such as the chrome gas door, and they dropped the lame 17" wheels, which were basically a nudge for people to up to the G package.

I'd be happy with a 2010, but the 2011 has more features and improvements, thus reducing lameness. That's just the way the industry goes, things improve. You have to just be happy with what you have.

#45 ·
HAHA Thanks everyone!! And for Oldman- LOL im not sure what the deal is.... but i never said the Keyless Start was my favorite upgrade.. def would be the new Pentastar Engine.

Anyhow, I cant wait till they come out with an intake because the stock one looks like it restricts some air flow. Atm im lookin for a nice car cover... have you guys seen the 59 dollar one on ebay? Think its any good?

#46 · (Edited)
well, since you edit your post who know what you said, something like my 11 fixed all the "lame stuff", err :scratchhead: what lame stuff??? To be fair to you let me check....

Cody wrote
i meant the "lame" being the giant steering wheel, non push start
Don't see any engine in there? Do you? Heck your first post did not even mention what was lame, as ALL older models were "lame". So that's the "deal".

This thread was already long dead for me, but it seems you want to bring it back.

#48 ·
He never said the older models were lame. Just that there were lame things about them. Same can be said for any car. The 2011 has lame things about it. It has a B pillar. Lame. Trunks are popping open without keys. Lame. It weighs too much. Lame.

I took it as he preferred the changes to the 2011. Which is exactly what he meant based on his edit and his apologies. If he meant to offend anyone he would have left his original post intact, and responded with something like "You're cars are lame, the changes to the 2011 make it an infinitely better car than your lame challengers with their lame steering wheels and their lame engines, and their lame keys." instead of "HAHA i see that it wasnt so bright on my part to state the lame thing. I think all challengers are sexy as hell!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.