Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
That isn't to bad at all, other than melting your face off hot. In the shade with a breeze I might survive it.
The other day in Vegas the dew point was something ridiculously low like 17°F.
Dew point is how cold something needs to be for the moisture in the air to condense on it. So if you took a glass out of the fridge at say 40°F with a dew point of 50°F it would get damp on the outside, slowly. This greatly affects things drying out, and how well sweat actually keeps you cool. Where I live, when it gets hot, (upper 80s to mid 90s) the dew point is ridiculously high (well over 80°F, due to the humidity which can be over 80% on hot days. So when you sweat, it doesn't evaporate, and you get nasty sticky, and you don't cool off.
In Vegas, it is much hotter, but very very low humidity. You never feel sweaty because it works, it evaporates instantly, all you get is crystals on your skin from the lost stuff (salts?).
Where I live, the shade doesn't help, breeze doesn't help because there isn't evaporation. You can walk outside in the summer and your glasses fog up, I have had my windshield fog up in the summer leaving my garage. But those are rare, but it does happen.
we have everything you talked about and described at different times in the year , you can never get used to the heat lol , if i park and go the gas station to grab a drink i go from cold in the car to sweating in 1 minute lol

i lived in arizona for a a year and florida for 5 and i can relate to both areas here lol , except there is zero rain here.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
No Mopar doesn't make a catch can ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
No Mopar doesn't make a catch can ;)

A Guy
yup waiting for an answer again tommorow , i will end this thread by saying that this car is probably the most fun car that can 100% satisy these days daily driving coditions , will be my main car so ya ... guess im gonna be having waaaaay to much fun.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
And a goodbye thread pic for you all to enjoy for a second or two

and at this point , you can’t convince me to take the yellow gaurd off because It looks perfect with the color , even if it will scratch my chin....just looks too good. Dodge diff won the lap with this one.

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,218 Posts
nah man , not sure you roasting me now or what... american muscle is everywhere here , i cant even begin to count ...you can see at least 3 z06s , 2 392, etc and 10’s of v6’s... on your daily drive lol ... but as far as a widebody ? I never seen one and i guess im the first to get one lol
I was by NO means roasting ya......it was a good hearted and well-intentioned post. Still scratching my head as to how it could have been “roasting” in nature, though..... :unsure:

My point was.....there’s nothing that can compare to the rumble of USA America V8’s, especially lots in the MoPar lineup (although I have heard a few nice V8 FoMoCo products, too).

Reactions: Freddy's challenger

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I was by NO means roasting ya......it was a good hearted and well-intentioned post. Still scratching my head as to how it could have been “roasting” in nature, though..... :unsure:

My point was.....there’s nothing that can compare to the rumble of USA America V8’s, especially lots in the MoPar lineup (although I have heard a few nice V8 FoMoCo products, too).
My apologies then , different minds i guess is all :D i appreciate it man , i do feel unique as being to the only widebody any challenger on the road right now. The country is smaller than the smallest state in the us , so you can be in 2 different countries in any direction in less than 2 hours. So you kind of know every little thing that goes on “ not a good thing.”

i thought you were “roasting” me for being over excited and making the thread is all. “ different minds :ROFLMAO:

and yup , the v8 hemi has it’s own feeling ... i swear it is mental therapy.

It is and feels very different from the ls1 , very more refined. Well the ls1 had Straight pipe and was loud as hell but both are awesome in their own ways.

i never though another v8 will appeal to me again but this one won my heart. Wanted a used c6 z06 but i’m 100% happy that got this scatpack instead. Daily driver with no problems. The z06 just sets to low to be a daily driver.

it filled a big gap in my life i think. Right now i’m just waiting for hours for the curfew to left to drive again, there was Not any excitment in going out after curfew but now i just want to go out and drive without a distention. You know exactly how it feels and you said it yourself , nothing compares at all... not by a long shot.

words cant describe.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
543 Posts
Enjoy your new ride! That is a beautiful car!

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,218 Posts
My apologies then , different minds i guess is all :D i appreciate it man , i do feel unique as being to the only widebody any challenger on the road right now. The country is smaller than the smallest state in the us , so you can be in 2 different countries in any direction in less than 2 hours. So you kind of know every little thing that goes on “ not a good thing.”

i thought you were “roasting” me for being over excited and making the thread is all. “ different minds :ROFLMAO:

and yup , the v8 hemi has it’s own feeling ... i swear it is mental therapy.

It is and feels very different from the ls1 , very more refined. Well the ls1 had Straight pipe and was loud as hell but both are awesome in their own ways.

i never though another v8 will appeal to me again but this one won my heart. Wanted a used c6 z06 but i’m 100% happy that got this scatpack instead. Daily driver with no problems. The z06 just sets to low to be a daily driver.

it filled a big gap in my life i think. Right now i’m just waiting for hours for the curfew to left to drive again, there was Not any excitment in going out after curfew but now i just want to go out and drive without a distention. You know exactly how it feels and you said it yourself , nothing compares at all... not by a long shot.

words cant describe.
I knew Kuwait was small, but never compared it to an overlay of the US.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I knew Kuwait was small, but never compared it to an overlay of the US.
View attachment 996610
i bet you figured out it is the smaller than quarter the size of the smallest us state:ROFLMAO::LOL: , but again you can say that the us is the size of a continent lol , after some googling ... it is the 45th smallest country, which means there are another 44 countries smaller than kuwait , feel much better , i thought there is only 20 and most are islands ... i mean fiji is bigger than kuwait , my question is , who are those other 44 countries lol ... i only recognize about say 20 of of them ... i never knew there are about 25 countries who i never heard their name at all . Not even an article here or there or social media ... never , interesting, makes you think what else you dont know.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Something funny just happened which i cant explain ... i just did 3 rolling runs with an ls3 c6 and i beat him both 3 times by a car n some ... is he that bad of a driver or is this car that good

”dont think”? Because ive seen thousands of clips on youtube, and they all say he should be miles ahead”

I know i shouldnt be doing that since the car is still under 1k km but couldn’t resist... “ i didnt mess up anything by doing this did i?

so what’s y’all experience with this?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
For spending all the money, I'd certainly do a proper break in before doing what you did. Longevity will tell the tail. It's done now, but for the future, use more self control ;)

A Guy

Reactions: Wizard of Iz

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
For spending all the money, I'd certainly do a proper break in before doing what you did. Longevity will tell the tail. It's done now, but for the future, use more self control ;)

A Guy
Absolutely, i quickly regret it and did some googling ... some say drive it like you stole it lol ... our rule of thumb is 1k km , and im only at about 500 km i think? Well i hope ... i need to check again later ... since i read that most people wait up to 1k miles and some 3 and some more ... i will never wot again until 3k km at least , what’s done is done i guess.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
It's possible driving it like you stole it will never be a problem, but the manufacturer has a break in procedure for a reason, and not just to save them the cost of repairs.

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
It's possible driving it like you stole it will never be a problem, but the manufacturer has a break in procedure for a reason, and not just to save them the cost of repairs.

View attachment 996629

View attachment 996630

A Guy
you have been a lot of help man , appreciate it.(y) ... let’s just hope the dealer wont be able to use this day against me in any way shape or form ... thats if anything happened during these 5 years of warranty. And lets hope they are not reading this forum lol

edit : that ls3 shouldve destroyed me or am i wrong? And man i love this car.

·
Registered
543 Posts
As said... please follow the break in recommendations. It will pay off down the road. And I fully understand the temptation to “get on it!” They’re just so, so much fun!

I’m a big believer in doing the first oil change at somewhere between 750 and 1,000 miles. Full Synthetic 0W-40 (Pennzoil Ultra Platinum, Amsoil Signature Series, or Valvoline) and a Mopar or SRT or Wix oil filter. Then I usually change again at about 2,500 miles and again at 5,000 miles. After that, follow the manual and change every 6 months or 6,000 miles.

The C6 LS3 is lighter, but you have a 50 hp advantage. I’m calling it a “driver’s race” and you out-drove him. Congratulations on the Win!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
As said... please follow the break in recommendations. It will pay off down the road. And I fully understand the temptation to “get on it!” They’re just so, so much fun!

I’m a big believer in doing the first oil change at somewhere between 750 and 1,000 miles. Full Synthetic 0W-40 (Pennzoil Ultra Platinum, Amsoil Signature Series, or Valvoline) and a Mopar or SRT or Wix oil filter. Then I usually change again at about 2,500 miles and again at 5,000 miles. After that, follow the manual and change every 6 months or 6,000 miles.

The C6 LS3 is lighter, but you have a 50 hp advantage. I’m calling it a “driver’s race” and you out-drove him. Congratulations on the Win!

50hp ... but all that weight ... guess then its way faster than I expected.

I will now fully follow the break in instructions.

as for the oil changes , i have to follow the dealer instructions to keep the warranty , every 5000 km = 3000 miles , and i have to take it to the dealership for every oil change. Cant do it anywhere else.

But that means that a c6 z06 can beat me by no more than a car say ? I thought i would be seeing vettes taillights all day and everyday , seeing how watching youtube street races , its a driver race against the new ss and stang gt , every single video ... But beating a c6 , never even thought of vettes to be honest.

Edit : I see you Have a 2015 srt , share your stories against vettes if you have ones please.

·
Registered
543 Posts
In the States, you’re not required to go to the dealer for service. You can service the vehicle yourself or at the garage of your choice. You just have to follow the maintenance schedule in the Owner’s Manual and keep a maintenance log.

The time and mileage requirements are maximums. You can change the oil as often as you like.

As for racing ... at 61, my stoplight to stoplight racing days are in the rear view mirror. But, back in the day, I never sweated a stock Corvette.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
In the States, you’re not required to go to the dealer for service. You can service the vehicle yourself or at the garage of your choice. You just have to follow the maintenance schedule in the Owner’s Manual and keep a maintenance log.

The time and mileage requirements are maximums. You can change the oil as often as you like.

As for racing ... at 61, my stoplight to stoplight racing days are in the rear view mirror. But, back in the day, I never sweated a stock Corvette.

my man , ya you cant do anything outside the dealer but the tires ...guess ill be havin fun with corvettes , becarful

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T 392 6 speed manual
93 Posts
From what I heard, the worst thing that you can do to a modern Hemi is let it idle for a long time. Camshaft and lifter lubrication is not the best. Oiling happens when the crank throws oil at higher rpms. Sounds like you’re keeping the camshaft well oiled!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts