Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have 5,400 miles on my srt8 and this trip to southern colorado from northern colorado went beautifully. Boy this car drives nicely! Now, stunningly, my dash computer said I got 26.5 mpg going down w/ a/c on 3/4's of the way driving 70-90mph, but coming back it showed 29mpg under same driving conditions!!! I couldn't believe it! Now, I know how to drive a car for maximum mpg w/drive by wire system and I usually get better mpg than EPA rating, but this was incredible. I have found my computer was really close to accurate up till this trip ( I record every fill up....I'm just way) and while I didn't buy this car for great mpg's, I do try to see what I can get out of her ( the car) and while I wasn't soley concentrating on doing that this trip ( flooring it a good amount to pass slow pokers) I was really impressed. I filled up the tank and was disappointed to only 'see' 25.7mpg. That number doesn't disappoint me ...just the dispparancy btwn the EVIC and the actual which in the past has been within 5% deviation. Anybody experience this 'all of the sudden' change? ( still like the results mind you!):blueblob:

·
Premium Member
2015 SRT 392
665 Posts
Downhill helps ! Seriously, even if not 100% accurate, it's still good mileage for 4200LB / 470HP.

·
Registered
999 Posts
The EVIC is very close, according to my calculations on 2 tanks, so I just trust that it is pretty much true. It helps that my speedo is spot on. I have verified the speedo with GPS (app, and on the nav screen). All within 1 MPH 99% of the time. I have seen 2MPH 2-3 times.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I have not heard of that website but I think I will use it now. I was contributing for a while to agovernment gas mileage site but I think I just forgot about it overtime :headbang2: :p

·
Registered
60 Posts
I also stay linked up with www.************** which claims to do unbiased (aka more scientific than CR, for instance) research on reliability and other issues.

I started entering my Charger there because I could catch it on the first tank.

edit: Uhh, not sure why true delta got a bunch of asterisks. Is that some sort of secret curse word here?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts