Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed my first full car dip on my challenger using dip your car sprayer system and sazuka blue dip pearls.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good work looks awesome

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Thanks! I definitely learned a lot, and it turned out a lot better than I thought it would given it was my first full car dip and I was using pearls, which are not as forgiving as the regular colors.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nice color, it looks really good. And the black wheels look good with the color, in my opinion.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
looks like you dig a nice job...cool color

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
It was prob done using rubber dip s instead of reduced plastidip. And it was applied with a spray rig, no rattle can.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Just completed my first full car dip on my challenger using dip your car sprayer system and sazuka blue dip pearls.

Ok.... WHERE DID YOU GET THE HOOD GRAPHIC??? That is SO damn awesome... I WANT ONE!!!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
are u referring to the way the hood looks in that pic? Because im pretty sure that clever photoshop work.. Not an actual graphic

·
Registered
305 Posts
so are the pearls like shooting regular paint with pearl,lay base color first then add pearl coat?...and does it get shadows if not sprayed evenly?...looks great from pictures though..good job!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I want to thank everyone for the compliments they have given me, nice to know I'm not the only one that really likes how it turned out!

You have any video or advice? I am a huge dipper and want to dip my car but I'm a little reluctant.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I got all my info from the dip your car YouTube videos with Fonzie and the dip your car forum just keep reading because there is an abundance amount of information there on about anything there is to know about plasti dip and cars

Awesome man! How long did that take?
From start to finish took 16 hours. 6 hours was just masking everything off then 10 hours on dipping and peeling all the masking off on the final coat.

let me get this striaght..you did this with the same stuff that comes out of a can?
looks great.
It is the same product however I bought it in gallon form as "rubber dip spray" from dip your car which is pre thinned plasti dip and used the dip your car dip sprayer system

Ok.... WHERE DID YOU GET THE HOOD GRAPHIC??? That is SO damn awesome... I WANT ONE!!!
This was done in photoshop.

so are the pearls like shooting regular paint with pearl,lay base color first then add pearl coat?...and does it get shadows if not sprayed evenly?...looks great from pictures though..good job!
Yes this has 3 coats of black dip as a base and 7 coats of the pearls mixed into a 2:1 ratio of gloss and clear dip. When using the pearls it will get shadows if not sprayed evenly, I actually need to put a few more coats on as it is too light in a few spots that I could not see well in the paint booth.

For the uninitiated, like me
https://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php?gclid=CI3Qk9mjuL0CFdBqfgodPEAAvg

OP, how many gallons for complete coverage and can colors be mixed?
I achieved this by laying down 3 coats of black which ended up being 1 gallon. I then mixed 2 gallons of gloss with 1 gallon of clear and mixed six 25 gram bags of sazuka blue pearls (2 per gallon) different colors can be mixed and there are many people on the dip your car forum that test many different mixtures of colors.

·
Registered
305 Posts
wow quite a process...looks good though..and when you get sick of it you can remove it and paint will be pristine!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts