Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mustang GT and a new Camaro SS and I can't believe people even compare these cars to the Challenger. The Challenger is waaaaaaayyyyyyy better in my opinion. First off the Mustang GT drove very tinny and was not solid at all. It may of been a little faster and lighter than the RT but its not a good fast. I felt like it was going to fall apart on me. Plus the sound of the engine did not impress me which is surprising. The hemi is much more throaty and masculine sounding even without any exhaust mods. The only plus is it is cheap. You can get a new GT for around 27 grand now a days. Now the Camaro SS is much more solid then the mustang and seemed like a nice car however I did not feel comfortable in the car at all. The power was OK but again it did not impress me. The Challenger is soooo much more comfortable and better riding than the Camaro. Obviously the Challenger takes the cake in the looks category IMO. The Challenger really is a muscle car. The Camaro is just a car that wants to be a muscle car. It just didn't seem to "click" together like the Challenger does. Even with the small issues that the Challenger may have I would take that any day over the "competition"

What do y'all think? Anyone have anything to add?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I have driven the GT many times. I agree: it feels nimbler, and I dig the looks and engine sound, but it just feels crude, harsh, cheap and unrefined. It makes me reappreciate my Challenger when I go from a Mustang back to my car.

Per the Camaro, I cannot get past the cartoon styling, and that 1979 Olds Cutlass interior...

·
Registered
477 Posts
I rented a Camaro for few days and hated it. Being inside that car surrounded by that interior is like sitting in a dark room on the floor. No visibility and the dashboard is just ugly plastic. I've rented Mustangs and they are just that, rentals.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have both a 13 srt core and a 13 camaro 2lt. I love the looks of both , but got each for a different reason. The core has a 6-spd manual and drive it like i stole it. The camaro i drive daily and use it for work. I chose the V6 over the V8 for mpg cause i do a lot of driving. The auto is a must so bumper to bumper traffic is not a problem. Why did i pick the GM V6 over the Dodge V6 , simply , the GM V6 is a better design. I've had the camaro for over a year and the challenger for almost a year. Love both and no regrets. No comment on the mustang , was never considered. Yes head room was a problem , but after a while you learn to get in and out with no problem. Yes the camaro has a lot of blind spots , but again no problem with the rear camera and sensors. I don't turn around , just look in my mirrors and monitor while listening to sensors beep.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
not a beefed up Kentucky fried chicken managers car.
That just cracked me up. You are so right. Just drive by any fastfood place and you will see a mustang or similar vehicle parked in the back taking up two spots by the dumpster! Usually it's a 4.6 or older 5.0 with like 100k on the clock.

Reactions: Challenger Beast

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've been in all three as well. Both V6 and V8. I'm prone to like the Camaro more, but I'm not the type to act like I hated the others because they weren't a Camaro. Frankly, I liked them all.
As far as performance the mustang is the fastest "feeling" car. Most certainly due to it's weight advantage. But at 6'2" I was about ready to duct tape pillows to the dash to ease the soreness in my knees. My mustang experiences reminded me of how bad I jacked up my knees in college football.
My challenger experiences were a lot of fun. There did seem to be a lot of roll on winding country roads, but the Hemi was so [email protected] nice that I didn't really care. It was also much more spacious than the mustang. Though I do think the mustang had a nicer interior.
I'll spare y'all the Camaro fan-boy bit. All three are awesome cars, and all three have quirky negatives as well. That's part of the muscle car's charm though.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've been in all three as well. Both V6 and V8. I'm prone to like the Camaro more, but I'm not the type to act like I hated the others because they weren't a Camaro. Frankly, I liked them all.
As far as performance the mustang is the fastest "feeling" car. Most certainly due to it's weight advantage. But at 6'2" I was about ready to duct tape pillows to the dash to ease the soreness in my knees. My mustang experiences reminded me of how bad I jacked up my knees in college football.
My challenger experiences were a lot of fun. There did seem to be a lot of roll on winding country roads, but the Hemi was so [email protected] nice that I didn't really care. It was also much more spacious than the mustang. Though I do think the mustang had a nicer interior.
I'll spare y'all the Camaro fan-boy bit. All three are awesome cars, and all three have quirky negatives as well. That's part of the muscle car's charm though.
6'2" is my height and the knee problem was the same for me. I rented a mustang and drove it for an hour and my right leg started hurting where it touched the center console. Very annoying .If you are shorter this would not be a problem.
Dan

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I understood why the Challenger is more expensive but makes less power after I drove the Camaro and the Mustang. While it's not as fast, it's just more car for the money. I can't believe that the Mustang (at least the one I drove) doesn't have a telescoping steering wheel. The Camaro, is junk. You can tell it was meant to retain some sort of connection to it's ancestors because it's still built like crap. I won't ever own either of them. I'd own a 92 Camaro MAYBE but that's because it's very rigid and there lots of room to stuff a worked over, modern engine into. Either way, there's always a Mopar I'd rather own.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have a 2014 mustang as a rental right now...out of town for business. I have to TRY and not hit my head when getting in...im 5' 10" LOL

oh boy don't get me started on this.
We went to the chicago auto show on feb 11-14ish just to get in the cars and check out how they were. I've been in the camaro before, its a nice car to see on the road but I would never buy one.
Now for the mustang:
I'm 6'2 and 240lbs. To even squeeze into that thing the seat had to be wayyy back (so the person in the back seat has literally 1 inch of legroom and even then it wasnt that comfortable for me. also, my head was against the roof the whole time, and any bump would have cracked my neck. The only way I would fit in that car is if it was a convertible with the top down.
Lets just say, 2 weeks after that trip, I bought my challenger. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
You have to remember that...

FORD stands for "Fast Only Rolling Downhill," and,
CHEVROLETstands for "Cheap Helplessly Embarrasing Vehicle Running On Luck Every Time."

Anyone even thinking of buying one of these brands, as penance, must recite the Hemi prayer 15 times!

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
You have to remember that...

FORD stands for "Fast Only Rolling Downhill," and,
CHEVROLETstands for "Cheap Helplessly Embarrasing Vehicle Running On Luck Every Time."

Anyone even thinking of buying one of these brands, as penance, must recite the Hemi prayer 15 times!
Talk about haters. "OUR" challengers aren't perfect , their just what you perfer to drive. Like i said ,i have both camaro and challenger. Even though i perfer to drive the challenger , i have to say there are things in the camaro that i wish the challenger had. Such as back-up camera and heads-up display.

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
Talk about haters. "OUR" challengers aren't perfect , their just what you perfer to drive. Like is said ,i have both camaro and challenger. Even though i perfer to drive the challenger , i have to say there are things in the camaro that i wish the challenger had. Such as back-up camera and heads-up display.
Not a hater. Just making a joke at the Stang and Camaro's expense. :banana:

I'm sure on their forums, they do the same thing, or worse.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Drove both, bought the Challenger. The interior of the Camaro was really off-putting and the 'stang was just too damn small. I'll stick with the Hemi, thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not a hater. Just making a joke at the Stang and Camaro's expense. :banana:

I'm sure on their forums, they do the same thing, or worse.
Well I'm a big ol' softy and your joke hurt my feelings lol. There sure are jokes about other cars on different car forums. Go to any car forum and you'll see at least a few comments ranging from little jokes to snide criticism. And it's usually kids that think other cars on the road different from theirs are the "bad guy".

·
Registered
52 Posts
Core to the rescue

Smokem both in a stock Srt8 core for around 38Grand.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Talk about haters. "OUR" challengers aren't perfect , their just what you perfer to drive. Like i said ,i have both camaro and challenger. Even though i perfer to drive the challenger , i have to say there are things in the camaro that i wish the challenger had. Such as back-up camera and heads-up display.
Yeah, gotta agree. I like the Challenger best, but if I had the garage space and inclination, I would have all 3.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts