Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fired up the car and it runs great. No leaks and no major issues. I do have a check engine light on. Pretty straight forward install. Took about 7 hours.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Awesome! I'm getting ready to install a Vortech next week myself. The first time you crank it after the install and it rumbles is a great feeling. :thumbsup:

Good luck with it and post numbers when you get them.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Looking good. That Hurst package in B5 is so clean...
________
GLASS WEED PIPE

·
Registered
254 Posts
Very nice congrats! Your car looks great

·
Registered
148 Posts
Looking Good!

Now hold on!:thumbsup:

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Looks great! :thumbsup: Do you have your car scheduled for a dyno run?

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Now THAT looks SMOKIN'!!! Really has a Factory look too. Nice setup, good luck with it!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We haven't check the code yet, I'm guessing it was a lean condition when I first started it. As far as Dynoing it, I didn't plan on it. Hurst and Magnuson to leave it with the tune they provided. But see what power it makes, I do have access to a dyno.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Damn, you have got yourself a badass car.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Depends on the CAI but we saw something in the order of 30rwhp with rwamser's Cervini setup vs me and Speedy using the stocker air box with K&N drop in filters (this was at ~12psi...dunno about 6 or 8psi) and back to back dyno pulls. Dynos are different the world over, but this is what we saw at Arrington.

Bottom line, the restriction is magnified by the blower so either get creative on opening up the stocker box or rig a CAI to let it breathe more freely.

HemiSam

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
What Sam said.

A CAI on the Maggie is good for 25RWHP give or take 3-5. Definitely worth it and it looks better to boot.

I fabbed up my Mopar CAI to fit the Maggie. Piece of cake.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts