Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all, Please can anyone help, we just completed fitting the Edelbrock eforce kit P/No 1535,
on my Challenger 2013/14 392 As I explained in my previous post we have had this kit at home for 3-1/2years
due to personal things at home its not been fitted , till TODAY at long last, we fitted it.

Very excited , waiting to try my super powered baby out, well, sorry to say it was a no go situation !!

As per the instruction, we followed the fitting manual supplied by Edelbrock before we tear downed

It was programmed first by putting the supplied email tune sent by Edelbrock Calibration team this was loaded onto the SCTX4 Programmer, bear in mind the tune from Edelbrock was sent to me nearly 3 years ago and loaded at that time!
I would of thought it should not require any updates because its not been fitted till now

Anyhow we loaded the tune, took about 15minutes and at the end of the programme, it showed on the screen
" Error"
We then returned the vehicle back to stock, re started the the vehicle it was good ,after that re loaded the Eforce tune , and it was successful.
So then strip down began
All was good , a couple of issues ie the M6 30mm hex bolts where a nightmare to fit !! and secure the Super Charger on.
ALL got completed today.
turned on ignition, it fired, but kept cutting out every time , we thouhgt was there any fuel getting to fuel rails and injectors , it was
Then we checked out the injectors with a "Noid Light kit",, this bit of kit checks the pulse the injectors give out .
only 2-3 pulse lights where visible. Conclusion, could it be a fault in the Calibration tune ? that's the only
way the ECU is "telling the injectors to cut off supply"
Anybody hand this experience???, could it be an easy fix? or does the other tell me its worse HELP
(We will be contacting Edelbrock)

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,717 Posts
I can't help, but will be following along. I really wanted to put one of those on my 2015 5.7 Charger.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
You are not going to like this, but SCT programmers haven't taken off in the Hemi community for a reason...... I am in no way bashing your choice, I've heard great things about the Eforce, but most folks who go forced induction either use Diablo with custom tuning, or HPTuners. There are other tuning programs and software out there but those are the most popular. If you go Diablo you will need to find someone who has CMR software that can write you a custom tune. I don't know anyone who uses SCT on the GenIII Hemi platform..... I know this doesn't solve your problem, but at least it can get you on the path to resolving it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks DakBuilder
Please the question to ask ,as you can see I have a problem. I just can`t get any help or reply from Edelbrock, period !!
We fitted the kit last weekend, put the edelbrock tune in from SCTx4 and at the last minute turned the key, it would not fire up
It tried to fire up but nothing. no faults shown on the programmer, If I purchase the HP tuner with 2 credits
how can i get the the vehicle to start , as you can see the frustration is enormous.
If I purchase the HP Tuner Where do I get the tuned programme just to start the car
At this moment in time I`d like to set fire to the whole ****ing thing
sorry about my swearing

Regards the HP Tuner, who ever I buy from do I send them the ECU info so they programme the tuner?
I am totally confused now
help !! big time

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I’ll pm you when I get home. I’m on the road driving but HP tuners will require 2 credits to tune your engine. You haBe a 13 so no need to send the pcm out. You will have to join the forums and learn about tuning. For your sake you’re better off paying a professional tuner and going the Diablo route honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you All i want is to get it running Just found out during the last 10 minutes EDELBROCK no longer
support any tuning to Super Chargers sold by edelbrock outside of US so does any one want to buy a new kit its going cheap , NEVER will consider any Edelbrock products

·
Registered
‘18 Scat Pack 6 speed Magnuson blower
28 Posts
Years ago I had my mind set on the Edelbrock supercharger. When it came time to finally pull the trigger I called them and asked about the tuning. They were kind of vague about details and I wasn’t real enthusiastic about the SCT as I already had a Diablo. The response, or lack there of, I got from Edelbrock made me look elsewhere. I ended up going with a Magnuson blower and couldn’t be happier. Anyway, your best option at this point is probably as DakBuilder stated. Get a Diablo device and contact a tuner that will do email tunes. Since you have a pre-2015 there is no added hassle of getting an unlocked PCM.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
5.7 here. Wanted an eForce. My shop convinced me to get the KB. He claimed the KB to be plug and play. It was. That said, I’ve got Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 on the 440 and love it. Good luck. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
What is your definition of cheap. If you really decide to sell it I may pick it up from yah. I’ve got HOT and can use that on my daily Ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thank you all for replies, I`m absolutely devastated to learn that Edelbrock have completely washed there hands of this
I love and enjoy my Challenger have great ideas to improve it. At the time This kit suited my needs, living in the UK
it was my choice, it suited our roads
It was purchased back in 2017 we added forged pistons and rods no other mods done just to play safe
Due to long illness it was fitted last weekend
as explained, installed as instructions, it looked good, programmed tune prior to install, finally tried to start
it fired up, only last 1-2 seconds, the ECU shut it down !! every time , why, got no idea ?

Edelbrock will not take responsibility they have sent me a tuned programme that `s useless
All i need is to start it up and drive

Tried to contact Edelbrock, waste of 7 hrs phone calls had email back and to my horror they said, "we do not support any Calibrations outside the USA".
Spent well over $10,000 if not more, so you can see I'm pissed off big time !!
I have now a beautiful black 392 that's a complete Dinosaur Edelbrock NEVER again, put it where the Sun don`t shine
After sales service is a COMPLETE wash out
I`d like to say far lot more it won't bed published.
I will done more research and spend another $8000 for a Whipple or Magnuson
What do you guys think its worth please let us now its cost me loads so far
I live in the UK so got no idea as to shipping cost that can be found out by size and weight
Would like to get as much back as possible to put towards another make

Years ago I had my mind set on the Edelbrock supercharger. When it came time to finally pull the trigger I called them and asked about the tuning. They were kind of vague about details and I wasn’t real enthusiastic about the SCT as I already had a Diablo. The response, or lack there of, I got from Edelbrock made me look elsewhere. I ended up going with a Magnuson blower and couldn’t be happier. Anyway, your best option at this point is probably as DakBuilder stated. Get a Diablo device and contact a tuner that will do email tunes. Since you have a pre-2015 there is no added hassle of getting an unlocked PCM.
Hi doc440
yes you are right Edelbrock sucks!! my experience with them is "ZERO" I do have a new T1000 Diablo what must i do ??at present, its loaded with the Eforce tune that`s useless should, I return to stock programme first, contact Diablo for a tune to marry up my Eforce supercharger and then use there tune to hopefully start it what do you say

Forgot Happy Christmas to all

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi doc440
yes you are right Edelbrock sucks!! my experience with them is "ZERO" I do have a new T1000 Diablo
what must i do ??
at present, its loaded with the Eforce tune that`s useless should, I return to stock programme first, contact Diablo
for a tune to marry up my Eforce supercharger and then use there tune to hopefully start it
what do you say
Shoot an email to a custom tuner like Hemifever, Diablotoona, or Jay Greene. Explain your situation and they will need some files from the Diablo device. They could likely get you up and running with a start-up tune and then you will do some back and forth with data logging to get everything dialed in. I’ve had 4 cars tuned by Sean from Hemifever Tuning, very happy with the results. You really can’t go wrong with any of the custom tuners I mentioned though. These guys have been doing this stuff for a long time.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Shoot an email to a custom tuner like Hemifever, Diablotoona, or Jay Greene. Explain your situation and they will need some files from the Diablo device. They could likely get you up and running with a start-up tune and then you will do some back and forth with data logging to get everything dialed in. I’ve had 4 cars tuned by Sean from Hemifever Tuning, very happy with the results. You really can’t go wrong with any of the custom tuners I mentioned though. These guys have been doing this stuff for a long time.
Hi doc440 sorry to mention all the current tune is on the SCTX4 programmer this came with kit so at that
time it was used. but i did purchase the T1000 new and unused sorry about that
I will contact Hemifever and speak to Sean
great help happy Christmas stay safe please

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi doc440 sorry to mention all the current tune is on the SCTX4 programmer this came with kit so at that
time it was used. but i did purchase the T1000 new and unused sorry about that
I will contact Hemifever and speak to Sean
great help happy Christmas stay safe please
That’s what steered me away from Edelbrock, I didn’t want a SCT device with some pre-loaded tune file on it that nobody would be able to help me with if there was problem with the tune.

For now you should probably hook up the SCT and get the car back to stock. Then try the T1000 and verify it works and can be married to the car.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That’s what steered me away from Edelbrock, I didn’t want a SCT device with some pre-loaded tune file on it that nobody would be able to help me with if there was problem with the tune.

For now you should probably hook up the SCT and get the car back to stock. Then try the T1000 and verify it works and can be married to the car.
I1ve heard that the HP tuner is even better could this true ?? while I`ve got the T1000 might as well use it
being it seems far better than SCT

·
Registered
28 Posts
I1ve heard that the HP tuner is even better could this true ?? while I`ve got the T1000 might as well use it
being it seems far better than SCT
HP Tuner would also work. There are custom tuners for that platform also. You would need a laptop for data logging though. HP vs Diablo- can’t say which is better, each has advantages and disadvantages over the other.

·
Registered
720 Posts
In my experience with my DD 18 Charger R/T with a Eforce 2650..Edelbrock tunes and customer support suck. their canned tune was very fat at less than 10.0 AFR and only made 390 whp on the dyno and the car would buck at WOT.. a real tune netted 499/495 with no change in boost.. OP..contact a real tuner..

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In my experience with my DD 18 Charger R/T with a Eforce 2650..Edelbrock tunes and customer support suck. their canned tune was very fat at less than 10.0 AFR and only made 390 whp on the dyno and the car would buck at WOT.. a real tune netted 499/495 with no change in boost.. OP..contact a real tuner..
I hope to get an answer from Hemifever or OST Dyno if they can help , have to wait I suppose till start of New Year
HP Tuner would also work. There are custom tuners for that platform also. You would need a laptop for data logging though. HP vs Diablo- can’t say which is better, each has advantages and disadvantages over the other.
I rather lost at what to do ,my biggest problem is only contact to the Tuner guys is by email and phono
would love to get it tuned in your side of the world that`s
a dream!!
Just have to keep trying

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
I hope to get an answer from Hemifever or OST Dyno if they can help , have to wait I suppose till start of New Year

I rather lost at what to do ,my biggest problem is only contact to the Tuner guys is by email and phono
would love to get it tuned in your side of the world that`s
a dream!!
Just have to keep trying
My Magnuson was tuned through Johan(Diablotoona). Did a great job on it and a few other cars he's tuned for me

1 - 20 of 20 Posts