Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 Challengers in any color you want (2008+ production colors only), which colors would you choose?

Mine would be:

Hemi Orange
B5 Blue
Green with Envy
Furious Fuchsia

Yeah, my mind thinks of strange things when I can't fall asleep at night. :sleep:

·
Registered
204 Posts
GWE, FF, Plum Crazy, Detonator Yellow

duh!

·
Registered
891 Posts
- Plum Crazy
- GWE
- B5
- HO (I want to say Hemi Orange, but if the new Header Orange looks anything like that chip, I would definitely go with the Header!!)

·
Registered
153 Posts
If I won the "paint lottery", the first thing I would do is go in and FIRE the ENTIRE color decision-making team and slap them around for NOT having a back-up plan for securing paint from another source.

This whole "Japan" thing is total BS. Follow the money....there is a union influence there that ruined the entire 2011 line up. Somebody was gettin greased.

In a country that practically invented EVERYTHING, you're telling me that Chrysler couldn't pick up a phone to Dupont or some other giant paint supplier and get what they needed? Chrysler bet their entire paint supply on Japan?

Chrysler's poor management cost them HUGE!! I'm NOT settling for TOXIC ORANGE, BLACK, WHITE, or TUNGSTEN for my $35k purchase..total BS.

If Chrysler wants to sell me another car, they had better get with some decent colors right now!

I've stopped into 5-8 dealers and asked to see the 2012 colors...guess what? They don't KNOW what the colors are going to be!!! It's JULY already...WTH?

I spend a lot of time looking for 2012 Challenger R/T info, hoping it's a better car performance-wise, color-wise and price-wise...found nothing yet.

2012 GT is looking better everyday, better colors too....somebody stop me from jumping ship!!

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
- I'm partial to my Brilliant Black, so that'd be one
- GWE
- DWB
-Tough call, I like a lot of the other colors...would probably go with Detonator Yellow

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Hemi Orange
Plum Krazy
Black
Sliver
White
The following colors should be offered at additional cost:
Red, Toxic Orange, Titanium, Deep Water Blue, Yellow

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've actually thought about this. While I would certainly have at least one Challenger in my garage if I won the lottery, I'm not sure I would have four of them, as there are other cars I'd like to have too. But if I had to choose four Challengers in four colors they would be:

Hemi Orange
B5 Blue
Green with Envy
Furious Fuchsia

While Detonator Yellow is one of my favorite Challenger colors, the four above are more unique and I'd get a Porsche in Speed Yellow. Besides, my wife loves Furious Fuchsia. :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Plum krazy
B5 blue
green with envy
black
stone white
hemi orange

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
GWE
Torred
Black
B5 Blue

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well let's see.Hmmm ,ok 1) Plum Crazy
2) Sublime
3) Sassy Grass
4) Citron Yella
5) Petty Blue

But that's just me ,I dig them all :smokin:

·
Registered
455 Posts
4 Challengers in any color you want (2008+ production colors only), which colors would you choose?

Mine would be:

Hemi Orange
B5 Blue
Green with Envy
Furious Fuchsia

Yeah, my mind thinks of strange things when I can't fall asleep at night. :sleep:
That's a hard question since there are many great colours. Agree with most of your list, but would change out the Hemi Orange for the Plum Crazy.

Therefore:
Furious Fuchsia
B5 Blue
Plum Crazy
Green With Envy

Also like, Toxic Orange, Black Diamond Pearl and Detonator yellow.
Noticed the Fiat 500 is offering a ton of colours right now, too bad Challengers couldn't get in on that too, even if was for a couple extra dollars.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Boring white lol
GWE
Toxic Orange
Plum Crazy

·
Registered
891 Posts
If I won the "paint lottery", the first thing I would do is go in and FIRE the ENTIRE color decision-making team and slap them around for NOT having a back-up plan for securing paint from another source.

This whole "Japan" thing is total BS. Follow the money....there is a union influence there that ruined the entire 2011 line up. Somebody was gettin greased.

In a country that practically invented EVERYTHING, you're telling me that Chrysler couldn't pick up a phone to Dupont or some other giant paint supplier and get what they needed? Chrysler bet their entire paint supply on Japan?

Chrysler's poor management cost them HUGE!! I'm NOT settling for TOXIC ORANGE, BLACK, WHITE, or TUNGSTEN for my $35k purchase..total BS.

If Chrysler wants to sell me another car, they had better get with some decent colors right now!

I've stopped into 5-8 dealers and asked to see the 2012 colors...guess what? They don't KNOW what the colors are going to be!!! It's JULY already...WTH?

I spend a lot of time looking for 2012 Challenger R/T info, hoping it's a better car performance-wise, color-wise and price-wise...found nothing yet.

2012 GT is looking better everyday, better colors too....somebody stop me from jumping ship!!

Yes, there was more going on here than you, I and John Q. Public will EVER know. I still believe it was all a big smoke screen.

Ironically, I placed an order for a 2012 Mustang Convertible in May, and there are 2 colours they can't get either. The one we ordered (Red Metallic) and black. All other colours were available. Will be late summer before we get our car.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I love my Mopar 10, and it looks quite menacing in black, but I'd love to have a Detonator Yellow R/T Classic with black stripes...:)

I almost ordered a white 2011 like that, but found an amazing deal on a brand new Mopar 10, so that's what I've got..!

JS

·
Registered
207 Posts
That's a hard question since there are many great colours. Agree with most of your list, but would change out the Hemi Orange for the Plum Crazy.

Therefore:
Furious Fuchsia
B5 Blue
Plum Crazy
Green With Envy

Also like, Toxic Orange, Black Diamond Pearl and Detonator yellow.
Noticed the Fiat 500 is offering a ton of colours right now, too bad Challengers couldn't get in on that too, even if was for a couple extra dollars.
What a great thread!

I really like your list too! However, I would change HO for DY.

My favourite list:
B5 Blue
Green With Envy
Furious Fuschia
Detonator Yellow

Hemi Orange would be my reserve colour if I couldn't find one of the above!

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Green with Envy
Detonator Yellow
Torred
Plum Crazy

In that order. those are the only colours that id want.

·
Registered
907 Posts
1) Plum Crazy
2) Curious Yellow
3) Deep Ultra Dark Black. The kind of black that makes you think you could reach in to your elbow
4) Sublime (ala Sam Posey)
5) A **** Landy paint scheme

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Detonator Yellow.

Is the Japan thing the reason why DY is not an option anymore?

·
Registered
304 Posts
GREEN WITH ENVY
PLUM CRAZY

By the way, two weeks ago dropped by dealership in south Richmond to see the GWE that just came in (continually tempting myself!) and the dealer DID say (not sure if all BS or not) that theres no Black Crystal Pearl in 2012 due to crisis in JAPAN !

1 - 20 of 36 Posts