Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just got a diablo tune with the trinnity for my 2013 RT 6 and to be honest I don't know if I actually want to open it or send it back it was a lot of money and if I really not going to feel any difference I don't want to install it the only mods I have are flow master mufflers & an intake from speedlogix. after reading it's 50/50 on people feel anything or not. I definitely want better gas mileage and I really want more torque and throttle response. Any advice?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee...you can't lose. Get some good gas in the tank, load the diablo tune, add some throttle boost and take it for a spin ;)

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
does it work with 2014 Challenger R/T Redline or did 2014 change anything for compatibility?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike Thanks for convincing me to keep it. Runs strong and I love it. I just did the basic 91 performance tune but I think there is still a lot left to do. Can't I do the shift skip delete? I'm a little hesitant to do a custom tune since I don't know what I'm doing lol

·
Registered
628 Posts
So I just got a diablo tune with the trinnity for my 2013 RT 6 and to be honest I don't know if I actually want to open it or send it back it was a lot of money and if I really not going to feel any difference I don't want to install it the only mods I have are flow master mufflers & an intake from speedlogix. after reading it's 50/50 on people feel anything or not. I definitely want better gas mileage and I really want more torque and throttle response. Any advice?

Don't know if you'll get better mileage and more torque in the same tune. There are separate tunes for each goal so you could toss the mpg tune in for trips or daily driving and use the 93 cai or even better a CMR tune in for the track or weekend fun. As far as the 50/50 satisfaction rate, you've been lied to, everyone feels a difference, how could you not? Is the difference you feel worth the money? YES! A tuner is a staple for these cars IMO. I'm in the process of having Johan customize a tune for me right now, sent him the Data Log files earlier this evening but I've run the 91 cai, 93 cai and a custom dyno tune and they all make a difference. The throttle boost is a nice feature as well especially with a Fastman ported throttle body. Just my 2 cents but I haven't heard any negative feedback about Diablo myself. Give it a shot! 30 day guarantee.

I should have read the whole thread and not just your first post, I see you tried it and your happy with it. The best thing about the tuner is it will help you get the most out of every mod along the way, especially if you go beyond bolt on's or choose to go with forced induction, they all require tunes. Enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
15,357 Posts
Mike Thanks for convincing me to keep it. Runs strong and I love it. I just did the basic 91 performance tune but I think there is still a lot left to do. Can't I do the shift skip delete? I'm a little hesitant to do a custom tune since I don't know what I'm doing lol

Skip shift is included with the canned tunes - they've already taken care of that for you...:burnout:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yep, as mentioned, skip shifgt should be disabled by simply installing the tune, if not, lemme know and I can fix it :)

We haven;t gotten to CAI tunes for the 11-13 models yet, but if you have a big CAI add 5% fuel at WOT to compensate.

Thanks

·
Registered
628 Posts
When I uploaded my tune I didn't see an option for cai which I do have is that only in a custom tune?

Not sure which tuner you have but for the Predator the canned tune list consists of:
91 Octane
93 Octane
91 CAI
93 CAI
Just choose the 91 CAI. Hope this helps but as far as the Trinity or Intune I have no idea.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Mike is that with a custom tune? Or can I just adjust it from the standard tune

I'm not sure what you mean exactly?

Not sure which tuner you have but for the Predator the canned tune list consists of:
91 Octane
93 Octane
91 CAI
93 CAI
Just choose the 91 CAI. Hope this helps but as far as the Trinity or Intune I have no idea.
The 11-13 models don't yet have CAI tune options ;)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Sorry Diablomike, I didnt see your post above about the newer models not having that option yet. Johan just sent me my cmr tune this morning after adjusting it following the data logging, cant wait to go home and try it out! Johan's turn around time is amazing! Happy customer here.

·
Super Moderator
15,357 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,357 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts