Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent the day at the NYC Autoshow on sat., and let me say that any picture on any website or in any mag. does the Challenger no justice. The doors opened at 11:00 am and by 11:03 I was standing in front of the Challenger watching it spin round and round on its rotating platform. I looked at every line and every curve and let me officially say, "THIS CAR IS PERFECT". The flow of the lines from front to back, top to bottom, and left to right are beyond FLAWLESS!! Anyone who has not seen this car in the flesh is missing out. The paint is metallic orange. No picture could ever show the depth of this color. You have to see it to appreciate it. I tried to get info. from the android that was on the display talking about the car, but all she kept saying was, "It is only a concept. It is only a concept. It is only a concept." So I went over to another Dodge display(may have been the Caliber) and talked to a guy named Greg. I told him that if DCX doesn't make an anouncement soon that I will be writing out a check for $42,000 to Ford for a Shelby! He responded with a wide and confident grin, "You won't have to write a check out to Ford, BELIEVE ME! Just hang on a little longer." I hope to have pics by weeks end.

·
Registered
973 Posts
That pretty much sums it up. If you have a chance to see it in person, do so. It's bold to say the least.

I sure hope Greg knows what he's talking about. I'm molding over here waiting for DCX.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, I just saw it in Denver and everything you say is so true. The pix do no justice to the actual car. However, if production is really approved, the actual cars will not have the almost invisible body gaps, seamless windshield region, nor the kick ass rims on the concept. Also, I hope the seats do not have as much side bolsters as the concept. Having seen so many corvettes with worn/torn drivers side bolsters from entry/exit. It only lasts about 1.5 years and you start accruing visible wear. Yes, I too am patiently waiting for DCX to make an official announcement or I will also spend my money elsewhere. DCX, you better tell us something and soon. I'll wait for the duration of time to get production started, but I won't wait forever on an official stamp of approval. Although the Challenger is the coolest car I've seen, my patience can only go so far. :)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I too hope that greg is right about the upcoming news cause need my fix of news about the car since the message boards have been in a kind of dry spell. i unfortunatly didnt get to see it because it passed up pittsburgh this year. maybe next year i'll get to see it in person. i need my fix!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Great firsthand review wirewilly...thanks. :)

It does finally sound as if 'the word' is finally coming-out, albeit little by little. ;)

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Ah yes, some fresh rumor hope to keep our dreams alive...:)

I went by a Dodge dealer and spoke to a Sales Manager on Monday to see what they knew. He knew less than I...

·
Registered
133 Posts
this info is not from work, but a good friend that work for DCX in the truck area. WAIT for oh lets say 08 1/2, first will be the srt version with the 5.7 hemi and a v6 to follow the next year. this was told to me sunday afternoon, and my guy told me this source is very good.:cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
champcaracing said:
this info is not from work, but a good friend that work for DCX in the truck area. WAIT for oh lets say 08 1/2, first will be the srt version with the 5.7 hemi and a v6 to follow the next year. this was told to me sunday afternoon, and my guy told me this source is very good.:cool:
Wow! That would take some serious cajones by DCX to only offer the top of the line SRT for the first year. :confused: A little backwards from what they've done in the past. I'll believe that one when I see it. But, 08 1/2 is too long to wait, though. They need to hit the floor by late 07.

·
Registered
89 Posts
wirewilly said:
The paint is metallic orange. No picture could ever show the depth of this color. You have to see it to appreciate it.
I've actually seen one - and only one - picture that captured what you're talking about, out of the countless that have hit the net. It was off the batch posted on flickr and the color must be described as luminous. I tried to upload it but its too big :( Please post those pics of yours so we can take a gander :D

·
Banned
95 Posts
That is a great idea to offer only the top of the line model. Therefore everyone you see will act like a real live commercial for the Challenger. Caddy almost did the very same thing. The CTS launch was going to be the V-series only for the first year therefore gaining alot of WOWs on the road w/it and driving peeps into the showrooms. I hope DCX has the balls to actually carry this out. I am first in line. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts