Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got finished at the muffler shop. Owner has done plenty of Challengers and suggested putting the dynomax bullets (24250) in place of the resonators and deleting the mid mufflers. Took his word for it and man am I glad I did, it sounds so good, the neighbors are gonna hate it, but I love it.

Anyone in the Georgia near Newnan/PTC/Fayetteville needs to stop by Sharpsburg muffler, they do great work. In and out in an hour and a half and only cost $250 plus the mufflers.

I will have to post a video once I get a chance, even though it won't do it justice.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Just got finished at the muffler shop. Owner has done plenty of Challengers and suggested putting the dynomax bullets (24250) in place of the resonators and deleting the mid mufflers. Took his word for it and man am I glad I did, it sounds so good, the neighbors are gonna hate it, but I love it.

Anyone in the Georgia near Newnan/PTC/Fayetteville needs to stop by Sharpsburg muffler, they do great work. In and out in an hour and a half and only cost $250 plus the mufflers.

I will have to post a video once I get a chance, even though it won't do it justice.
You said that you had the bullets replace your resonators (rear of the car) and had your mid-mufflers (middle of the car) deleted.

wilyumz replaced the mid-mufflers with bullets and deleted the resonators.

Does it sound the same? Would be interesting to compare if the positioning of the bullets makes a difference.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You said that you had the bullets replace your resonators (rear of the car) and had your mid-mufflers (middle of the car) deleted.

Does it sound the same? Would be interesting to compare if the positioning of the bullets makes a difference.
Correct. I'm trying to upload a video of it now. I also had them straighten out the annoying misaligned exhaust tips. According to the guy at the muffler shop who has done all my cars, my Trans Am, my old C5 Z06, and now my challenger, so I trust his word. Having them at the back gives it a deeper more aggressive tone but without the drone. The way it is set up it sounds just a little bit louder than stock at 75mph in 6th on the highway. My wife agrees it sounds like stock when cruising on the highway. Until you put your foot down....

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Here's the video. :bigthumb:

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Wilyumz (bullets @ mid mufflers) sounds deeper, I think.

Yours (bullets @ resonators) sounds like stock, but louder.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wilyumz (bullets @ mid mufflers) sounds deeper, I think.

Yours (bullets @ resonators) sounds like stock, but louder.
Yeah, it's really hard to tell on an iPhone camera. As with any exhaust I expect mine to get a little bit deeper as I put more miles on it. That video was with less than 2 miles on the car with the new set up, and the car itself only has 1000 miles on it anyway.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Yeah, it's really hard to tell on an iPhone camera. As with any exhaust I expect mine to get a little bit deeper as I put more miles on it. That video was with less than 2 miles on the car with the new set up, and the car itself only has 1000 miles on it anyway.
makes sense, engine isn't 100% until after 1500 anyways.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Ouch, that doesn't sound good at all. Way to raspy. The bullets should have replaced the mid mufflers with the resonators kept in place.
To each their own. I like it, and because it's my car, that's all that really matters.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This sounds better (deeper) than the other video with the mid mufflers gone.
Not exactly comparing apples to apples. They are two different mufflers. This is like comparing flowmasters and a reso delete to magnaflows and a reso delete.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Not exactly comparing apples to apples. They are two different mufflers. This is like comparing flowmasters and a reso delete to magnaflows and a reso delete.
I didn't realize they were two different parts, I though they were the same.

Either way, both sound good to me.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I didn't realize they were two different parts, I though they were the same.

Either way, both sound good to me.
The 24250 is 9" long while the 24249 is 6" long.

Also, the 24250 is 4" in diameter and the 24249 is 3.5" in diameter.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts