Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,086 Posts
Welcome from California Preston ;)

A Guy

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Preston, Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Found out my splitter and undercarriage are damaged. Sad day :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think whomever had that car before me hit some sort of curb and it did a number to the bottom of the car. My friend noticed the splitter after I bought it and then I checked the undercarriage trying to see if I could reconnect the splitter. The undercarriage was held together by some zip ties to keep it from dragging. So yeah it's pretty bad down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Welcome to the forum and nice ride!

Just saw your last post - ouch. That really sucks - looks like mostly plastic though, hopefully its a cheap fix.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got back from the dealer and they wanted $650 for the repair. I just left and bought the parts on eBay for about $160 instead. My uncle has a lift and I think we can just fix it ourselves. I just need to get the hardware and all. I'll just jerry rig it, till the new plastic comes in, with some zip ties.

·
Super Moderator
15,435 Posts
Got back from the dealer and they wanted $650 for the repair. I just left and bought the parts on eBay for about $160 instead. My uncle has a lift and I think we can just fix it ourselves. I just need to get the hardware and all. I'll just jerry rig it, till the new plastic comes in, with some zip ties.
read up on the procedure - if this applies to the R/T (smaller spoiler compared to other models) - the nose has to be removed to access the various clips and tabs that retain the spoiler to the nose.

The front and main belly pans are accessed from below.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts