Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the bixenon 8000 HID hi/ lo beam kit for my 2013 Challenger on Tuesday. They were on my front porch when I came home today. The packaging and quality of the components are absolutely incredible. I've been afraid to put HID's on because I was afraid they would mess something up but this kit is quickly squashing my fears. My buddy that's helping me install on Saturday told me to just buy a 50 dollar ebay kit, as that's what he's always used but when I sent him a pic of the kit in the box even he said "damn, that looks like a very nice kit." I can't wait to do the install on Saturday.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'd sure like to see a comparison of these to the factory HIDS.
My '12 R/T Classic has HIDs, they flat sUck, yes, with a capital "U", and should have 2 U's
really.
The stock halogen lights in my '05 F150 blow away the HIDs in the R/T.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd sure like to see a comparison of these to the factory HIDS.
My '12 R/T Classic has HIDs, they flat sUck, yes, with a capital "U", and should have 2 U's
really.
The stock halogen lights in my '05 F150 blow away the HIDs in the R/T.
I'd be curious, as my car has standard lights. I'll take some pics of them on this weekend. Hopefully that will help you.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Couldn't be happier. The only thing we had to do was change one wire end to use the positive terminal. Drove the car home in the worst storm I've ever driven in last night (butt end of the hurricane off Florida) on the interstate and every car but myself and one SUV had pulled off. I could still see the lines on the road and was able to keep going as fast as was safe for those conditions, which was about 35. And they look cool....

·
Supporting Vendors
1,386 Posts
Thanks for the review, and the awesome pictures!

I haven't posted much about our HID conversion kits on the threads, but anyone would like to learn more about HID lighting technology, check out our research page: Research

We also have details about our kit here on our blog: Diode Blog | Automotive Lighting Information and News

Nick C.

·
Supporting Vendors
1,386 Posts
Are these the kind that blind oncoming cars?
No, those would be 55 watt HID conversion kits responsible for excessive glare: Research

Our 35-watt HID conversion kits work well in projector style housings, but will create additional glare in reflective housings

If you have any questions about lighting, feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought the bixenon 8000 HID hi/ lo beam kit for my 2013 Challenger on Tuesday. They were on my front porch when I came home today. The packaging and quality of the components are absolutely incredible. I've been afraid to put HID's on because I was afraid they would mess something up but this kit is quickly squashing my fears. My buddy that's helping me install on Saturday told me to just buy a 50 dollar ebay kit, as that's what he's always used but when I sent him a pic of the kit in the box even he said "damn, that looks like a very nice kit." I can't wait to do the install on Saturday.

Hey would this hid kit work with my 2011 rt?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts